Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: Altered Kobe Bryant Pro-Cut Jersey Being Advertised on eBay with D. C. Sports LOA as Game Used Rookie Jers

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    So, I contact the seller from the game used jersey on eBay with the following question: "Dear jerseyking55,

Are you sure this is a true rookie Kobe game worn jersey? It looks identical to the Kobe jersey sold two months ago in eBay item #271252678611 that was sold as a blank pro-cut that was professionally lettered."

I receive the following reply shortly after: "Yes, The jersey is sourced from DC Sports as you can see from the LOA"
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanjerseyb View Post
    I honestly bought this jersey thinking it was game worn. I sent it into DC Sports to get their opinion. I was pleased to get the jersey back authenticated. By no means did I know that the jersey was originally purchased from MS Auctions!! If I would have known that, I never would have traded one if my prized Dennis Rodman game worn jerseys for it! Now you can believe me or not, that is the honest to God truth. Now I am out thousands of dollars and am having my name bashed for no reason! The jersey has been pulled from Ebay because of the new knowledge that was brought to my attention. Mr Ceniceros should not be being bashed either. The real crook here is that shady Character out of Wisconsin. This is a real problem we have in the hobby right now is people altering jerseys! This should not happen! I really appreciate mickeymbz coming to my defense when I don't even know the guy. It means a lot and I believe speaks loudly on this whole situation.
    Check out my website www.nba-game-worn-jerseys.com
    Ryan, your original email answering my question about this jersey states the jersey is "Sourced from DC Sports". I am confused. If you traded for the jersey from Mark, how could it have been sourced from DC Sports?

Mark has emailed me a couple of times today and I told him that he needs to post what he emailed me on this discussion. One sentence from Mark's emails that seems important enough for me to cut and paste:

"The only possibility that Ryan thought it couldbe game worn was that I was somehow mistaken or unknowledgeable of the difference between procut and game worn. I will repeat, I told him upfront the jersey was a PROCUT. I told him upfront the jersey was NOT sold to me as game worn."

Sounds like a big case of someone's not telling the truth here. I hope Mark joins the discussions with all the information he emailed me because his story is much different than Ryan's.

Dan's insight would also help this discussion.

Re: Altered Kobe Bryant Pro-Cut Jersey Being Advertised on eBay with D. C. Sports LOA as Game Used Rookie Jers

I told you from the start that I had no idea that this jersey came from MS Auctions! I really wish you people would find something better to do with your time than to keep beating a dead horse. The jersey is not in the market any more. End if discussion! Find something else to talk about now.
    I will state this for the last time, I was told this jersey came from a collector over seas. I have no reason to lie. All I did was send the jersey in to see if it could be authenticated. Seriously, find something else to talk about. The jersey had been taken off of the market so there is no harm done, other than the fact that my wallet is Significantly lighter at the moment in the aftermath if this whole Debacle.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ryanjerseyb View Post
    I told you from the start that I had no idea that this jersey came from MS Auctions! I really wish you people would find something better to do with your time than to keep beating a dead horse. The jersey is not in the market any more. End if discussion! Find something else to talk about now.
    I will state this for the last time, I was told this jersey came from a collector over seas. I have no reason to lie. All I did was send the jersey in to see if it could be authenticated. Seriously, find something else to talk about. The jersey had been taken off of the market so there is no harm done, other than the fact that my wallet is Significantly lighter at the moment in the aftermath if this whole Debacle.
    No offense but that post is a bit ridiculous.

I'm more interested in Dan's response to the authentication of this jersey. Hope he comes out and responds to this thread

First off, if it was sold as a blank who was the person that lettered it.

MS auctions lettered it.

The integrity of this hobby is the main reason we started to post on this site. Ryan contacted us to have the jersey signed by Kobe and to authenticate the jersey. We were told that the jersey was sourced directly from the Lakers and based on that info and the fact that it matched all the identifiers that we know from that year lead us to conclude that it came from the Lakers. That is why we stated from an impeccable source just like all the jerseys I get because you can’t get any better then the Lakers. I started to post on GUU to make the hobby aware of all the Kobe fakes that are out there and I have always been able to spot a rookie fake but this jersey even fooled me. We are removing our authentication from this jersey and will be updating our data base.

Dan dceniceros248@yahoo.com 323.257.4898

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DConLA View Post
    The integrity of this hobby is the main reason we started to post on this site. Ryan contacted us to have the jersey signed by Kobe and to authenticate the jersey. We were told that the jersey was sourced directly from the Lakers and based on that info and the fact that it matched all the identifiers that we know from that year lead us to conclude that it came from the Lakers. That is why we stated from an impeccable source just like all the jerseys I get because you can’t get any better then the Lakers. I started to post on GUU to make the hobby aware of all the Kobe fakes that are out there and I have always been able to spot a rookie fake but this jersey even fooled me. We are removing our authentication from this jersey and will be updating our data base.

Dan dceniceros248@yahoo.com 323.257.4898
    Dan, can you answer some specific questions:

1. How much did you charge Ryan for the autograph and letter?

2. Did you personally witness Kobe autograph this jersey?

3. I didn't try to match it up, but I have been told the font on the back of the jersey doesn't match Kobe gamers. You are regarded as the expert - Can you confirm that the lettering font is an exact match to Kobe rookie gamers?

4. If you state it came from an impeccable source, is that source Ryan or Mark? I don't understand how you use that term but don't have a source from within The Los Angeles Lakers organization as another dealer/collector is the source that has access to players before, during and after games? This is very confusing. How many other Kobe jerseys have you written letters for using this expression believing someone telling you it came from an impeccable source?

It is a concern if you take people's word for game used items that you then write letters for their statement. This confuses the whole industry.

My questions are all very important to be answered.

Joel, your last post is spot on. I have nothing to do with this scenario nor am I accusing anyone of anything....but as a concerned collector and hobbyist, this question MUST be answered: 4. "If you state it came from an impeccable source, is that source Ryan or Mark? I don't understand how you use that term but don't have a source from within The Los Angeles Lakers organization as another dealer/collector is the source that has access to players before, during and after games? This is very confusing. How many other Kobe jerseys have you written letters for using this expression believing someone telling you it came from an impeccable source?"

I agree, I always assumed with jerseys with the D.C. Sports LOA that Dan got the items directly from his Lakers source himself. I didn't realize D.C. Sports authenticated outside items. Not saying it's not their right to do that, just something I assumed.