Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: Altered Kobe Bryant Pro-Cut Jersey Being Advertised on eBay with D. C. Sports LOA as Game Used Rookie Jers

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    How does Dan have access to Kobe that he can get his autograph upon request? I have been told this isn't the first time a major authenticator has not passed a Kobe autograph linked to Dan.

If you are going to defend Dan's relationship with Kobe Bryant please explain to me what that relationship is as Dan recently wrote a letter that a jersey came from a source with Los Angeles Lakers team access and it turns out that was not true.

How does Dan have access to Kobe Bryant on demand?

I have seen more Michael Jordan autographs that were signed in the locker room but not signed by Michael Jordan. Does Dan have Kobe's cell phone number and when someone pays him he calls Kobe and Kobe tells him to come over to sign his jersey?
    Wow calm down. I was just saying it's not like psa can't be wrong sometimes, especially on a quick opinion.

And I'm sure you know that Dan has more access to Kobe than anyone else on this forum. I'm not a cheerleader for either and it's obvious something wrong happened with this jersey.

But In my humble opinion, it's possible the auto is legit. Possible.

The email you just shared is very sketchy. The fact he is saying we should stop discussing the topic

Banned

Re: Altered Kobe Bryant Pro-Cut Jersey Being Advertised on eBay with D. C. Sports LOA as Game Used Rookie Jers

Quote Originally Posted by mmonte4 View Post
    The Kobe jersey was offered to me by a French collector in late July/early August. We went back and forth exchanging emails and his communication was terrible - big delays in response time. Shortly after, Mitch listed the same jersey on Ebay. I offered him $1,500 and he declined. He said he needed $3,000. I said I could do $2,200, pay immediately, and through paypal gift. He accepted.
    Interesting take on the whole situation, Mark. The only part I cannot understand if you say you were offered the jersey on Facebook by a French collector but Mitch told me he had this jersey in his inventory for the past three years. I assume the French collector had a similar but different jersey.

Banned

The only real problem is the COA. Dan made a mistake. Every company/authenticator etc makes mistakes. While it may have lowered DCs credibility we all know that we need to do are due diligence before purchasing anything.

Good on Joel for spotting this. It will only make is all more aware.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Takuleechch View Post
    Wow calm down. I was just saying it's not like psa can't be wrong sometimes, especially on a quick opinion.

And I'm sure you know that Dan has more access to Kobe than anyone else on this forum. I'm not a cheerleader for either and it's obvious something wrong happened with this jersey.

But In my humble opinion, it's possible the auto is legit. Possible.

The email you just shared is very sketchy. The fact he is saying we should stop discussing the topic
    Sorry, I didn't mean to jump down your throat I just think maybe the access Dan has to Kobe may be exaggerated just like Dan's letters stating items came from someone with locker room and player access which is now questionable for all letters he has wrote as he was caught this time making a statement that isn't true - How many other times could this have happened?

For that matter the comment Mark made that Dan charged more than he usually charges to Ryan for this letter raises a question - Why? If this is true, why would Dan charge more for a letter than usual?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Takuleechch View Post
    The only real problem is the COA. Dan made a mistake. Every company/authenticator etc makes mistakes. While it may have lowered DCs credibility we all know that we need to do are due diligence before purchasing anything.

Good on Joel for spotting this. It will only make is all more aware.
    Read Dan's letter - If you were not aware of the situation wouldn't you think the letter was leading you to believe Dan acquired this jersey himself from a Lakers source?

Banned

Sorry, I didn't mean to jump down your throat I just think maybe the access Dan has to Kobe may be exaggerated just like Dan's letters stating items came from someone with locker room and player access which is now questionable for all letters he has wrote as he was caught this time making a statement that isn't true - How many other times could this have happened?

For that matter the comment Mark made that Dan charged more than he usually charges to Ryan for this letter raises a question - Why? If this is true, why would Dan charge more for a letter than usual?
    Yea very weird. I've only ever had good experiences with Dan...and only ever had bad ones with mmonte lol.

Hopefully Ryan can comment on the email you listed and Dan on the questions you posed. Interesting, and scary, weekend reading haha

Banned

Read Dan's letter - If you were not aware of the situation wouldn't you think the letter was leading you to believe Dan acquired this jersey himself from a Lakers source?
    Yes the wording is very "legal" in the sense it can be construed either way but I assumed every letter with that wording meant he got it himself until this thread. That's why it's a little scary

The infamous Jim Thomas aka Hoop-Style. So you traded a fake for a fake lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mmonte4 View Post
    The Kobe jersey was offered to me by a French collector in late July/early August. We went back and forth exchanging emails and his communication was terrible - big delays in response time. Shortly after, Mitch listed the same jersey on Ebay. I offered him $1,500 and he declined. He said he needed $3,000. I said I could do $2,200, pay immediately, and through paypal gift. He accepted.

About a month ago, I offered Ryan the Kobe jersey in a trade for a jersey that he bought for $3k from Jim Thomas several years ago. I sent him the pics and told him up front that I purchased the Kobe as a procut and it was not sold to me as game worn. Before finalizing the trade, we noticed that the NOB was not consistent with Kobe rookies sold by GF. Ryan wanted to go through with the trade anyway.

Ryan lists the unsigned, unauthenticated jersey on Ebay for $20k.

According to Ryan:
    After making the trade, Ryan contacts Dan (they had done business before) about getting the jersey signed and possibly authenticated. Dan asks for photos of the jersey and Ryan sends. After reviewing the photos, Dan says he needs the jersey in-hand and that the signature and authentication will be $750-2000 and need to be paid by money order (I don't remember the exact cost Ryan told me but it was in that range and was at an inflated price compared to his standard $200/sig and $150/authentication). Ryan sends in the jersey and payment and gets it back a few weeks later signed and authenticated.

Ryan updates his listing on Ebay to signed and authenticated by DC.

Mitch must have seen the listing because he contacts me out of the blue and asks if Ryan got the jersey from me and tells me to get him to take it off ebay. I tell him that he did get it from me and that I was upfront about it being procut and unworn. Regardingly the listing, I tell him that once its out of my hands, I'm not responsible for it and cannot make him remove his listing.

My opinion is that Ryan was excited about the jersey and wanted to list it immediately on Ebay to showcase (he listed it before it was even in-hand). The sig and DC papers only added to his display. He never mentioned shopping it or sending it in to auction. He actually mentioned keeping it and displaying it next to another Kobe he has so that they could be displayed side by side- one signed on the front, and one signed on the back. With the $20k price tag, I do not believe his intention was to sell, but rather draw attention to his other listings.

Ryan has done the right thing here and removed the Ebay listing.

A mistake was made, let's move on.

My correspondence with the French collector was thru email and Facebook messages. My correspondence with Mitch was thru email. My correspondence with Ryan was through text message. In short, there is record of everything.

Hope this helps shed some light on the situation.

Like it or not Joel is asking some tough questions. Someone's seat is getting hotter by the minute......

Haha!!! You sob's are too much!! I sent that email to ms auctions to F with him!! He is the one that is altering jerseys, he has been doing it for years!! I did it to prove a point!! Thank you for re posting my email to prove it for me!! Haha!! I swear you all have no F'n life!!