Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Item not coming with said paperwork

AMI still owes me over $3000 since 2007. I consigned items to them, they sold my items and never paid me. I've called hundreds of times to get no explanation at all... Just a bunch of excuses...
    I would avoid them at all costs.

Hey visualconcepts,
    I think no matter what you make, 3 grand is a nice sum of money. Why not pursue this to get your money back? At least small claims court you don't need to hire a lawyer.

Also, it's the whole idea that they ripped me off and still are in business and blatantly ignoring me that would eat at me. it's been 7 yrs? Have you pursued any other routes than just phone calls?

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleraddict View Post
    Hey visualconcepts,
    I think no matter what you make, 3 grand is a nice sum of money. Why not pursue this to get your money back? At least small claims court you don't need to hire a lawyer.

Also, it's the whole idea that they ripped me off and still are in business and blatantly ignoring me that would eat at me. it's been 7 yrs? Have you pursued any other routes than just phone calls?
    I DID CONTACT AN ATTORNEY AND THE PROBLEM WAS THAT I WOULD HAVE TO KEEP FLYING OUT TO LAS VEGAS FOR COURT SESSIONS AND IT WOULD'VE COST ME WAY MORE BY THE TIME IT WAS DONE... I LIVE IN JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by VISUALCONCEPTSNJ View Post
    I DID CONTACT AN ATTORNEY AND THE PROBLEM WAS THAT I WOULD HAVE TO KEEP FLYING OUT TO LAS VEGAS FOR COURT SESSIONS AND IT WOULD'VE COST ME WAY MORE BY THE TIME IT WAS DONE... I LIVE IN JERSEY
    **Sorry... didn't realize caps lock was on...

That really sucks. I can't imagine how p.o.'d I'd be. What's the limit on small claims? Tho they prob figure the inconvenience wll make u just drop it.

Quick google for u shows the limit is anywhere from 5-10 grand.

I would be nonstop on this. Damn. There are ways to get it back. But thanks for the heads up. Figure they'll prob lose more than 3k in business if more of the word, the truth gets out.

Quote Originally Posted by VISUALCONCEPTSNJ View Post
    From what I understand if a businesses does regular business in your state e.g. selling products or services, mailing you a catalog, advertising in your state etc, then you can sue them in your home state. I have never dealt with Ami so I have no idea if they do any of these things.

Banned

Just to follow up-
    I sent the item and the jsa auction letter back in the same box (they came separate). They item back for 2 weeks, saying the refund would be issued in this day then that day the this day and then in the mail I recieved back the same auction house letter and receipt!
    I emailed asking why it was sent back and called my credit card company for a chargeback as they had had the item back for 2 weeks!. Mysteriously a few days later AMI finally refunded me.

Glad you got your money back. Just another reason to ALWAYS pay with a credit card. If an auction house does not take credit cards be careful.