Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2004 Chipper Jones Gamer on eBay

Hey guys, I never post on the forum but collect Braves, Falcons, and UGA game worn jerseys. I have been looking for a nice, affordable Chipper gamer and stumbled upon this one on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Chipper...-/131015954234. I have noticed some suspicious bidding going on and then the high bidder retracted his bid today. Any Braves experts know anything about this jersey? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Re: 2004 Chipper Jones Gamer on eBay

So was n***n(152) the high bidder then retracted after it after he became the high bidder? I've never seen an item bid the way
    n***n(152) and something not be a little fishy.

As far as the jersey goes, I don't have any educated information.

That jersey is a textbook original. Most MlB authenticated examples from 2004 were home jerseys. Tagging is textbook.

The same jersey is being offered on another ebay auction by a different seller. Same MLB hologram, game date, everything. May be why the high bidder recanted their bid. If you search Chipper jersey in game used memorabilia, you will see it with a buy it now or best offer of $5,000.

Buc, that is a good catch. I did not notice that. Bothe jerseys say they are from the same game but each has a different MLB authentication number. The jersey in the auction I originally pasted shows far more use and washing than the $5000 one.

JD, shoot me an email.

foreverinsideout at gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by buc View Post
    The same jersey is being offered on another ebay auction by a different seller. Same MLB hologram, game date, everything. May be why the high bidder recanted their bid. If you search Chipper jersey in game used memorabilia, you will see it with a buy it now or best offer of $5,000.
    I don't know if you guys noticed but they both have different mlb authentification numbers. The one with the current bid of $759 has the #mt00477666 while the one at $5000 has the #mt00477665
    Both being used on the same day, which to be honest makes no sence to me. Why would he wear two clean jerseys on the same day in a meaningless game? Maybe mlb made a mistake and got one of the dates wrong.
    -Devin

I would think that 9/11/2004 would be a meaningful game considering the date and only a few years removed from the WTC attacks. With regards to the jersey, I noticed the tagging was different on both jerseys as well, which was odd.

The tagging is OK for both jerseys. Just because the two smaller tags are placed over the year tag is not a red flag. Its a shame that these two are even being questioned. Folks there were a pile of MLB authenticated home chipper and andruw jerseys in 2004. Most were home whites. I don't know what the problem is with tagging. I owned two home white 2004 chippers back in 2005.

Here are tagging pictures of two more 2004 home chippers. Both MLB authenticated. Note the tagging. One jersey has the small tags off to the side of the year tag, the other does not. Folks, these 2004 jerseys of chipper are not all that uncommon.Both tagging placements are OK. All of these jerseys are good. There were quite a few for sale back in 2005. Most are probably in collections. They sold for 800-1000 back in 05.
    Attached Images Attached Images