Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Fake Jerseys At Card Companies

Quote Originally Posted by jmeekins33 View Post
    I'm not trying to be disrespectful to you so please don't take it that way ,but.....

You say that things are different since 2011 and companies are getting stuff only from teams and paying huge retail prices for it. Maybe that's true but how would I as the client know that? You say that you are certain that card companies did their due diligence. Based on what? They offer jack when it comes to any kind of proof for their customers that the jerseys are real. No paper trail, no online resource to look at, no pictures, nothing.

Then you have "event worn" jersey and equipment cards. Photos exist that prove they have had players put on 20 jerseys at a time so the card companies can sell "event worn" jersey swatches. Well, technically the jerseys were worn. They were worn like a snow suit. Not exactly what collectors have in mind I would think. I've seen videos of players putting on a pair of cleats and then taking them off, putting on another pair, and then another, etc. This is not legitimate.

This whole thing is a joke on so many levels that I am shocked people are willing to spend obscene amounts of money for these cards. "Oh, but this card is numbered 1/1". Give me a break. To each their own I guess.
    I did say they did their due diligence but I'm not saying it was enough as there was obviously too much trust extended given the extreme volume of fakes.

I guess like Eric has tried to do is to get the card companies side of things. It sure would help to hear what their policies and procedures are. I don't think they have to give up their strategies on acquisitions but talk more to their authenticity and standards.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Great example of a cheap jersey in a card.....IMO fakest ive ever seen
    Name:  zzzz.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  28.5 KB

Banned

Cowboy I see cards like this in the 100's on eBay every time I type game used NFL jersey in the search bar. How do card companies not know these jerseys are fake? Or do they know...and they just want to save a few dollars and fool the average joe who is clueless and wears his fake jersey thinking its real....

Or are these fake cards? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolicollege17 View Post
    Cowboy I see cards like this in the 100's on eBay every time I type game used NFL jersey in the search bar. How do card companies not know these jerseys are fake? Or do they know...and they just want to save a few dollars and fool the average joe who is clueless and wears his fake jersey thinking its real....

Or are these fake cards? Lol
    I have heard a lot of talk of people altering cards swatches to put in patch pieces etc. Not sure how difficult/easy it would be. Really, though, I fail to see why the card companies would care too much about authenticity. What kind of tree is your mulch made of?

As Far As I Know The More Breaks In Colors, The More The
    Value Of The Card In Some Cases. In The Case Of The Pic I Posted Thats A 5 Color Break, But The Jersey Looks Like Its From A
    China Fake.