Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Willie Mays & Ron Santos Bat Question

Hey everyone, I have these two Adirondack bats for Willie Mays and Ron Santos that I do not know much about. I want to sell them, but would like to know what they are before I do as I do not want to misrepresent what they are. My thinking is store model, but the numbers on the knob are throwing me off a bit. The Mays bat has 113 and what looks like a small 3 after that on the knob, but it's very faded. I tried my best on the photo but it was very hard to get it. The Santos bat has 305 with a small 4 on the knob. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pictures of Mays bat: http://imgur.com/a/O674t

Pictures of Santos bat: http://imgur.com/a/f7wXY

Banned

Angry Re: Willie Mays & Ron Santos Bat Question

P302F (inside Adirondack centerbrand) was normally used on retail bats in the 1960s. Also, the knob engravings on the Santo bat do not resemble any model number from Adirondack game bats that I am familiar with.

Dave Miedema

Re: Willie Mays & Ron Santos Bat Question

"From 1946 to 1994, Adirondack stamped model numbers into the knob end of bats made for major league playerd. The model number usually contained one to three numbers followed by one or two lwttwrs. The typical letters on Adirondack pro model bats were: A, B, H, K, M, X, AX, DW, MS, RJ, VP, and XX. The number indicates the number of different models in that series used by Adirondack. For instance a model 113A model bat is an A series pro bat and the 113th model in the A series.... On 1980 and later Adirondack pro model bats an additional coding system is present, specifying the year of manufacture.... The numbers appearing on the knob as seen in the photo below are specific to a retail store model Adirondack bat." ---- BATS by Malta, Fox, Riddell, and Specht. 1994
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Willie Mays & Ron Santos Bat Question

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    P302F (inside Adirondack centerbrand) was normally used on retail bats in the 1960s. Also, the knob engravings on the Santo bat do not resemble any model number from Adirondack game bats that I am familiar with.

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by MSpecht View Post
    "From 1946 to 1994, Adirondack stamped model numbers into the knob end of bats made for major league playerd. The model number usually contained one to three numbers followed by one or two lwttwrs. The typical letters on Adirondack pro model bats were: A, B, H, K, M, X, AX, DW, MS, RJ, VP, and XX. The number indicates the number of different models in that series used by Adirondack. For instance a model 113A model bat is an A series pro bat and the 113th model in the A series.... On 1980 and later Adirondack pro model bats an additional coding system is present, specifying the year of manufacture.... The numbers appearing on the knob as seen in the photo below are specific to a retail store model Adirondack bat." -
    Thank you both for your help. I thought they were store model but just wanted to double check since I just know the basics about bats. I had never really seen these numbers before on knobs, just things like WM4 or RS4 or something like that. Thanks again.