Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GU WS observations

Is it true that once you become a GU collector, you see things that a casual fan would not bother paying attention to. While watching yesterday's WS game I couldn't help but notice some neat items that might be coveted by collectors at our GU forum.

First items earlier in the series that sounded interesting was John Lester's fielding glove after the alleged foreign substance accusation.

In game three, I could not help but see Mizuno bats at most plate appearances. Majority of the players going to the plate were using Mizunos. I saw Kosma with a SAM bat on the batting deck so that caught my attention. But the bat I would want is the Rawlings bat of Allen Craig when he hit that critical double.

The elbow armour of Carlos Beltran and the baseball that hit him would make a nice combination.

From last night's game. If you are a Hawaiian baseball collector you have to love the hit baseball of Wong to Victorino.

The final baseball thrown by Saltalamacchia would be a cool baseball to have or even the third base after that obtrusion ruling against Middleton imho.

Is this something you were seeing too? or better yet, tell me you saw even more.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Re: GU WS observations

Pretty sure you're seeing Marucci bats and not Mizunos

Quote Originally Posted by Gyro123 View Post
    Pretty sure you're seeing Marucci bats and not Mizunos
    Thanks for the correction.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Super Moderator

Wink Re: GU WS observations

Pedroia's helmet looks pretty sick. Also, Yadi's busted catchers mitt would be a dream item. He had to change gloves after tearing his in game 2, a steady diet of 98s is hard on a glove. Also, I wouldn't mind kozmas glove, since he's not using it anyways.

One of the biggest standouts to me was the Ortiz bat with neon green tape pounded and HR bat.

Quote Originally Posted by jbean023 View Post
    One of the biggest standouts to me was the Ortiz bat with neon green tape pounded and HR bat.
    A few bats had interesting colors of tape on them but the Ortiz was certainly the most flamboyant. Like Joel said as a GU collector you watch the game in an entirely different way. You see all the little nuances and for me it really adds to the experience. I couldn't tell you how many times I paused the game so I could take a closer look at what type of bat a player was using or if his cleats had his name on the tongue and even once caught myself searching to see if I could find any MLB holo's already placed on bat knobs. While it does make the experience that much more enjoyable for me it sure does take me A LOT longer to watch the game and it's even harder to find someone who wants to watch it with me.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    From last night's game. If you are a Hawaiian baseball collector you have to love the hit baseball of Wong to Victorino.
    I would love to add the Wong to Victorino ball to my collection.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well, Ortiz just shattered the green taped bat. Oh well! Hahaha. Doesn't he realize we want these things?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by jbean023 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by dangerzone79 View Post
    Well, Ortiz just shattered the green taped bat. Oh well! Hahaha. Doesn't he realize we want these things?!?!
    It's probably going to be on the MLB auction site at the conclusion of the WS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The bright colored tapes/grips are called Lizard Skins, i wouldnt be surprised if we see them more often next year.