Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Pics of the Pujols bat

Here are pics of the bat in question; I apologize if this doesn't work out all that great as i'm not used to posting pics.

Name:  001_crop_crop.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  312.5 KB

Name:  002_crop.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  278.7 KB

Name:  004_crop.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  306.4 KB

Re: Pics of the Pujols bat

Sorry for the large pics but here are some more

Name:  010_crop.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  427.4 KB

Name:  011_crop.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  374.9 KB

Name:  012_crop.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  299.1 KB

Sorry for the blurry pics not sure what I did wrong; i'm not good at posting pics as you can tell

Two things, the mid section tar and red bat rack streaks. Here is a 2002 legit
    Pujols I own, light tar mid and also red bat rack marks on the bat indicating the clubhouse rack's red paint.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

As Tony said, two characteristics to look for in an early Pujols bat are light tar in the center section of the barrel, extending into the logo (grip area should be totally clean), and markings from the red bat racks at Busch II. Photos of a 2001 bat below.

Pujols is a label up hitter, so contact marks should be confined to the left side of the barrel (i.e. left of the logo as you're facing it with the bat pointed at the ceiling). The majority of contact marks in a Pujols game bat will be concentrated in the sweet spot area. His bats typically exhibit light use. Bats with heavier use and/or a wider spread of contact marks are generally BP bats.

Contact marks on the right side of the barrel are a dead giveaway that the bat was either used by another player, or another player in addition to Pujols.

Two things that jump out at me from your photos are the number '32' written below the number '5' in the first photo and what appear to be contact marks on the right side of the barrel in the third photo.

The Cardinals had two players with the number 32 on their roster in 2003. When reliever Dustin Hermanson went to the Giants, backup catcher Chris Widger switched to number 32.

Given the documented donation of these bats to Cards catcher Mike Matheny, it makes me wonder if Matheny didn't, in turn, give some bats to fellow catcher Widger. That's complete speculation on my part however.

We'll never know for sure, but knowing how obsessive Albert is about his bats, it seems unlikely he would have used a bat already used by another player (i.e. the 5 is written on top of the 32). It's surprising that the presence of the 32 is not noted on the PSA letter.

Man I love that '01 bat!!! Perfect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

One thing I might add is that you rarely see the tail of the 5 on the knob curve all the way back up like that. Usually it extends way out to the left with, at most, a slight curve back up.

Quote Originally Posted by onlyalbert View Post
    One thing I might add is that you rarely see the tail of the 5 on the knob curve all the way back up like that. Usually it extends way out to the left with, at most, a slight curve back up.
    Agreed, this is a very consistent trait in the early bats, which Albert numbered in his own hand. The photos below illustrate what Jason is describing. The first photo is from the 2001, the montage is from Jeff Scott's website.

Quote Originally Posted by onlyalbert View Post

Yeah I see what you are saying and it's the same style of 5 on both the knob and the barrel end.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerfan65 View Post
    Yeah I see what you are saying and it's the same style of 5 on both the knob and the barrel end.
    LOL no it's not.

Your bat is fake. F-A-K-E fake. Stop trying to act like it's not.

Get a refund and then burn the bat. Because if you try to sell it, I guarantee you every member of this forum will be on you like flies on poop.