Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spartanservitto
    • May 2010

Re: Pics of the Pujols bat

I actually think it looks like a David Wright #5 in his handwriting.
    sigpic
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Comment

• rj_lucas
      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by yankees506
      I dont think the 32 is a uniform number if i remember correctly xbats would put the weight on thr bat meaning its a 32oz bat not a uni number.
      The weight of the bat is 33.6 ounces, so that wouldn't make sense. It's weight could have changed as the wood aged but it would have gotten lighter, not heavier.

Originally posted by Soonerfan65
      Just a follow up that I sent the auction pics to Jeff Scott last night and he basically picked them apart as far as the usage characteristics; bat will be going back to the person I got it from by the end of the week. Thanks all for your opinions. John
      Good call. The guy who you're returning the bat to should ask PSA to pay for shipping the bat back to them so they can revise their letter. We can argue all day about whether PSA should have known this info, but if they say they didn't know it how can we prove otherwise?

The point is, they know it now, and have a chance to correct their mistake. If they refuse to do so, then we have a bigger problem than just a simple mistake.

Regardless of your line of work, if there was a mistake out there with your name attached to it, wouldn't you want to see it corrected? If it were me, I would be grateful for the opportunity to do so.

Comment

• yankees506
        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by rj_lucas
        The weight of the bat is 33.6 ounces, so that wouldn't make sense. It's weight could have changed as the wood aged but it would have gotten lighter, not heavier.
        I guess before you state something does not make sense just look up a comparison:

same 32 on the barrel end, nobody swings a 32inch bat so it has to be the weight, not uniform number as i stated.

Comment

• Soonerfan65
          • Dec 2005

Taube did say the 32 would pertain to the weight of the bat, not any player number.

Comment

• Dach0sen0ne
            • Jul 2010

Can you post a pic of the PSA letter that has Taube's conclusion? I didn't see it in either thread.

Comment

• rj_lucas
              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by yankees506
              I guess before you state something does not make sense just look up a comparison:

same 32 on the barrel end, nobody swings a 32inch bat so it has to be the weight, not uniform number as i stated.
              You misinterpreted my comment. It doesn't make sense because PSA lists the weight of the bat in their database as 33.6 (PSA cert 1B05063). Just seems odd that there's such a big discrepancy. Maybe just some sloppy data entry from PSA and the bat is actually 32 ounces. No idea. But I see where you're coming from with the Cano link, looks like a standard labeling process for X Bats.

The database also lists the model number (24) as the weight and the weight (33.6) as the model number, so sloppy data entry would not be hard to believe.

Comment

• Soonerfan65
                • Dec 2005

Trying to post the Taube LOA. Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pujols_crop.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	292.9 KB
ID:	693532

Comment

• Soonerfan65
                  • Dec 2005

Sorry had to crop part of it to make it fit into the size allowed

Comment

• Soonerfan65
                    • Dec 2005

Bat went back to Will at Heroes of Sports and he immediately refunded me what he paid for the bat, which was really the only good way to do it. He bought the bat in good faith from an auction back in April and it already came with the PSA LOA. I can't think Will enough for the professionalism in which he handled this. Thanks. John

Comment

Working...