Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Interested In Mcgwire Bat - Any Issues?

I'm interested in this McGwire Bat. Any issues anyone can see?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_7956wt_1362
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Re: Interested In Mcgwire Bat - Any Issues?

Tony,

The inscription says 87 gamer however the factory code on the knob is "8" whch means it's a 1988 bat.

David
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    Tony,

The inscription says 87 gamer however the factory code on the knob is "8" whch means it's a 1988 bat.

David
    David, thanks for the info and response. Guess I'm no longer interested.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Seller: Thanks for the info. This was purchased from his brother. I'm going to just have it psa'd to be sure. Thanks again!

Good that they ended the auction.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

While the inscription does not match the year of the bat it doesn't take away from the authenticity. I'm not a McGwire expert but the bat model is consistent with his A's era model bats ( 256B) as is the location of the pine tar and "MAC" on the barrel end.

Players have been known to sign bats incorrectly so this may have been a case where MAC was present the bat as an 87 but it really was an 88.

Of course an 87 rookie year bat would certainly be more appealing than an 88 hence the inscription.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    While the inscription does not match the year of the bat it doesn't take away from the authenticity. I'm not a McGwire expert but the bat model is consistent with his A's era model bats ( 256B) as is the location of the pine tar and "MAC" on the barrel end.

Players have been known to sign bats incorrectly so this may have been a case where MAC was present the bat as an 87 but it really was an 88.

Of course an 87 rookie year bat would certainly be more appealing than an 88 hence the inscription.
    I liked the bat, but just can't get past it being inscribed incorrectly. Been there, done that with Arod!
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    I liked the bat, but just can't get past it being inscribed incorrectly. Been there, done that with Arod!

Couldn't agree me with you
    metsbats86@aol.com