Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JDubbs73
    • Dec 2011

Re: Modern NFL Jersey/Photomatching experts: Please Advise

Sent you a pm. Photo matching can be an imperfect science. Obviously, like you, I welcome other opinions. Still think you have a heck of a shirt!

Comment

• dplettn
      • Dec 2010

Re: Modern NFL Jersey/Photomatching experts: Please Advise

So RB Gio Bernard finished his rookie season with roughly 5.35 yards per touch. In a timeshare, he had 8 TDs and 1209 yards from scrimmage on 226 touches (receptions and rushes). His position coach from Gio's rookie season (Hue Jackson) replaces new Redskin's Coach Jay Gruden as Bengals Offensive Coordinator for 2014. Hue Jackson repeatedly stated his desire to run the football in his introductory news conference. Jackson was Darren McFadden's offensive coordinator in 2010, McFadden's only 1000 yard season.

So two Gio Bernard jerseys are available into the hobby. The one showcased/discussed on this thread is Hunt Super Bowl auction lot 322:

I was never able to conclude that the jersey at Hunt is definitively the same jersey worn to score Gio's 1st two NFL TDs vs Pittsburgh. There are similarities, but ultimately the jersey would have only driven me insane. I went a different direction in my Bengals collection.

Factually, the Gio Bernard jersey at Goldin IS definitely a TD jersey:

Video of the TD Gio scored wearing the jersey at Goldin:
      The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Both the black and white jerseys are awesome and its certainly not to speak against the items in the Hunt auction (which include a signed/inscribed photo of Gio wearing the jersey), but my guess is that the Goldin Gio does better than the one in Hunt's Super Bowl auction. Why? Simply because Goldin does a far better job!

Comment

Working...