Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Threaded View

Re: Modern NFL Jersey/Photomatching experts: Please Advise

I believe I have found an additional photo-match for the Jets game jersey to the Steelers game jersey. Specifically the below appears to match the vertical nameplate location (which has varied intrayear on other 2013 Bengals), collar stitching, and loose threads on the left shoulder "5".

I have no knowledge how common these matches are independently, much less together. So I continue to hope that an expert who cares to teach will contribute to my education and the utility of our forum.

My perception certainly is that its the same jersey used for the Pittsburgh Steeler game September 16th. But, my first experience photo-matching a very elastic shirt of which I have minimal background knowledge (and doing so post-laundering from the game being matched to) leaves me pleading for this forum's expert contributions.

Are these by themselves an irrefutable photo match? And/or are they so unlikely in unison that taken with the front "5" Pittsburgh stain appearing faded/washed for Gio's first camera appearance in Jets game.

I haven't heard anything from anyone regarding conclusions on the mesh (such would be appreciated). And still, I would be grateful to know specifically what the stain the front 5 "is". Is it typical that the deepest portions of it don't entirely launder out?

The purpose of this research is not to alter economic value. It is to attain certainty in one direction or another. While I believe this IS the jersey Gio wore for the Steeler game on September 16th, 2013 I don't trust my breadth of knowledge about photo-matching elastic jerseys and NFL Nike Jersey stains (after launderings) to 100% know that my own perceptions are 100% correct. Please help.
    Attached Images Attached Images