Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Item not coming with said paperwork

I won at item at an auction house that said it came with JSA Authentication
    I got a letter in the mail and it came with a photocopy of a document that said I had to send the item to jsa to get authenticated but it would be at a discount.
    JSA told me it would cost $50 and I had to ship them the item

How can they justify that as "JSA authentication"?

I'm looking to return the item and get a refund since the main reason I purchased it was because it already came with the letter. They told me they won't issue a refund.

Has anyone else experienced this? What can I do?

Re: Item not coming with said paperwork

Which auction house?

Banned

Ami
    It was a signed magazine

Most auction houses will have multiple lots pre certified by an authenticator who reviews the catalog and then offer a discount for full authentication through the authenticator per item. If it was from a major auction house I wouldn't worry about it.

Banned

If the lot said it can with precertification or an auction house letter I wouldn't have bid. I only bid because it said it came with jsa authentication. I think that it is misleading. They refuse to refund though

Sounds like another unsatisfied customer just be glad you where not a consignor.

I bought a PSA/DNA item a year or so ago and it came pre certified but made no mention of it. Item was for 250.00 and change. They refused to help me so I did a chargeback on my credit card. The card company MasterCard actually made the call with me on the phone to AMI and we hashed it out right there. They finally agreed to a refund and I sent the item back. They even paid for return shipping.

This company has swindling people for years. Had I known this I never would have bid.

Do a search of this forum and you will see. They have stiffed several people.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Phil316 View Post
    This company has swindling people for years. Had I known this I never would have bid.
    EXACTLY! I would never had bid on it of I had known.
    They said they will give me a $15 credit!!!! Are you kidding haha

Banned

Any honest auction house will say if an item comes with "full authentication" meaning it is fully certified already or if it comes "pre-certified" meaning you get an auction house letter and have to send it in for certification.

What is the item you have and how much is regular price to have it authenticated? Just wondering if the $50.00 is a discount.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Any honest auction house will say if an item comes with "full authentication" meaning it is fully certified already or if it comes "pre-certified" meaning you get an auction house letter and have to send it in for certification.

What is the item you have and how much is regular price to have it authenticated? Just wondering if the $50.00 is a discount.
    It's a signed Ali magazine. Normal price is $75. But again I only bid cause it said "JSA Authentication"

What's funny is that ami emailed back at the start saying that it's an auction letter and requires a small fee, then when I said I wanted to cancel the payment or have it refunded they said it 100% has jsa "it's in the system as having jsa"
    It arrived tonight...no jsa and ami themselves sent me the jsa auction house letter now they are acting like they didn't

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Takuleechch View Post
    It's a signed Ali magazine. Normal price is $75. But again I only bid cause it said "JSA Authentication"

What's funny is that ami emailed back at the start saying that it's an auction letter and requires a small fee, then when I said I wanted to cancel the payment or have it refunded they said it 100% has jsa "it's in the system as having jsa"
    It arrived tonight...no jsa and ami themselves sent me the jsa auction house letter now they are acting like they didn't
    Email me a picture of the magazine if you can.

I don't like those games. They either should be clear, JSA Auction House Letter or JSA Full Authentication.

I'd send it back and dispute your credit card for false description if they don't cooperate.