Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: College vs. Pro

College vs. Pro

I've been thinking about this topic for a while now.

I used to own a Dallas Cowboys game-used jersey of Peerless Price.
    Price never did much in the NFL, but he was one of the biggest collegiate stars of his day when he led Tennessee to a national title.

For players who were great in college, but for what ever reason never made it in the NFL; would you rather have a game-used item from the NFL or the NCAA?

Re: College vs. Pro

I have Cameron hewyards Ohio State's jersey where is was a standout. 1st round pick of the steelers in 2011. Hasnt done much yet. So really no interest in his pro jersey other than it being a steelers jersey by itself which are hard to come by.

College all the way

Banned

Cool Re: College vs. Pro

NFL, unless it was from a college I particularly like (Northwestern, Illinois, USC).

Dave Miedema

Banned

All on preference. Now if your Legadu NaeNa and just flat out bumb it out your whole career. I rather nothing from him

But hey, why not have both side by side. If given the choice that is.

Banned

I'm pro all the way. Just because the player is a pro and went to my college holds no affection what so ever with me. I didn't know him on campus, I didn't have conversation with him, I didn't have class with him. Who is he to me? Better yet who am I to him? I could care less that he's a pro who attended my college. Unless I had a friendship with him in college, I don't care to buy players who attended my school (I attended a pretty big school too).

I rather buy players who helped my favorite pro team, and players that made me the fan that I am today of that team. Doesn't matter what school they attended.

Just my preference and opinion. I'm sure there are tons of guys like the OSU guy who buy players that attended their college.

I prefer the Sooner college gear but dabble in the NFL stuff from time to time.

Banned

College if it has a nameplate intact.

If no nameplate, then I'd rather have an NFL jersey with nameplate.

Love the Broncos' stuff, but can't pass-up an Air Force Falcons game used helmet when I see one. That's about the extent of my college collecting habits, thanks God. I can't afford to do both.