Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Cubs Fans Dont Let This Happen!!!

well sullyrackem is high bidder on a few different ones from different teams too so hopefully we are not watching a bidding war against two card companies

That is sickening. I was actually looking at bidding myself but decided not to. I picked up a rizzo bat instead . I hope a fan wins them

This is really disappointing. I'm not a Cubs fan, but there are so many nice jersey's in those auctions. I would hate to see them destroyed for a few cards. I really hate what the card companies have done with game used memorabilia. I also don't understand the logic from some of the buyers. Recently a Carlos Quentin 1/1 bat knob card sold for $184.50 on eBay and his a full game used bat sold for $45. I have to give them props for being able to turn lower items into pricer items, but it is frustrating as a collector to see such great things cut and discarded. I really hope these don't go to card companies.

I understand and completely agree however in my humble opinion it would be a far greater crime if a card company won the 48 Musial that is currently in Heritage's auction and destroyed that

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSharon View Post
    I understand and completely agree however in my humble opinion it would be a far greater crime if a card company won the 48 Musial that is currently in Heritage's auction and destroyed that
    Cutting up a 48 Musial would be a horrible crime.

Cutting up all the jerseys from the AFL last season wouldn't bother me at all. There will always be more and more modern jerseys to cut up and sell to collectors.
    Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
    ~ Bill Veeck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looks like the Topps card guy won plenty of jerseys to carve up, what a shame. And it's a member of the forum? Great...

Yeah there were some fighters that fended off a few of these guys first AFL jerseys and NFL collectors yes he is buying your jerseys and carving them up to, watch the auctions. I'm assuming every big auction a card company wins a few items to carve up. I see some card prices that are high but then I see some that these cards are selling for under a couple bucks for superstar players. The USA jerseys suck the most for me because there isn't plenty of those jerseys running around. I hope with all these guys getting caught that they will get into the card companies and put a couple of them out of business(sorry card collectors, I collected cards to when I was from 8-15) then moved to autos then to game used so I did collect. I watch some of these guys at sports shows and they are like in zombie mode, watch them open a box of cards and nothing around them exists while they shuffle through cards. That's their gig and Im happy for them collect away but quit cutting up jerseys, bats, and now some have pieces of hats and cleats. As game used collectors we don't cut up cards but maybe we should start, if someone can get ahold of Donald Trump to buy all the T 206 Honus Wagners and just cut them up maybe we can send a point across. LOL!!!