Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cubs Fans Dont Let This Happen!!!

On MLB Auctions currently they are auctioning 2 Soler, 2 Almora, and 2 Bryant jerseys which are the first of their career well today DLeiner, which says he has a colletion and I believe him but also works high up on Topps and is a member on here as well so I'm sure some of the items he buys from us on here are getting cut up and all 6 of these jerseys will most likely be getting cut up. I have emailed him asking if these were going into cards, no response yet. I am going to bid up as much as I can on Sunday, just irritating that this happens. I know cutting up jerseys will continue for awhile, just wanted to let Cubs fans that the first 2 AFL jerseys from these 3 are going to cards unless we can win a couple!!

Re: Cubs Fans Dont Let This Happen!!!

Please tell me this isn't true!!!!

I pray that one day this idiocy from card companies stops.

Its true and the I only looked at the Cubs jerseys who knows what other prospects they are cutting up.

Yeah he is high bidder on about all of them if sullyrackem read this than thank you because he just outbid david on one of the Bryants, onlyalbert I hope you didn't sell him any amazing historical cardinals piece. Im only assuming but pretty good assumption if hes bidding on this many prospect jerseys they are going to cards.

well sullyrackem is high bidder on a few different ones from different teams too so hopefully we are not watching a bidding war against two card companies

That is sickening. I was actually looking at bidding myself but decided not to. I picked up a rizzo bat instead . I hope a fan wins them

This is really disappointing. I'm not a Cubs fan, but there are so many nice jersey's in those auctions. I would hate to see them destroyed for a few cards. I really hate what the card companies have done with game used memorabilia. I also don't understand the logic from some of the buyers. Recently a Carlos Quentin 1/1 bat knob card sold for $184.50 on eBay and his a full game used bat sold for $45. I have to give them props for being able to turn lower items into pricer items, but it is frustrating as a collector to see such great things cut and discarded. I really hope these don't go to card companies.

I understand and completely agree however in my humble opinion it would be a far greater crime if a card company won the 48 Musial that is currently in Heritage's auction and destroyed that

He outbid me on a Colin Moran jersey.