Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Winfield bat on EBay

This bat was just listed and it's a bad one, at least to me anyways. Buyer beware!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dave-David-W...item35ce2ff65f

Re: Winfield bat on EBay

I am the one selling this bat, and I purchased it from forum member Nick Nunnari... So please inform me why this bat is bad?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ball marks on it don't look right.

Banned

I bought and sold this bat on ebay several years ago, possibly prior to shipping records being available to the public?
    If I recall, the bat was shorter than a typical Winfield gamer, 34" or 34.5".
    When I listed the bat, I would've had the bat's dimensions in the description.
    I may have originally bought the bat from Mike Schultz, and unfortunately he burned a few of us back in the day. Sorry Worldchamps.

I have removed the bat from eBay.

Previous seller Nick Nunnari, nunnari19 has advised me it was from mike Schultz, and it is a bad bat. He also advised me "I should have done my homework" and that "too many years have passed" for him to accept responsibility.

I would not pass along my mistake on to someone else, and I would have corrected any past wrong doings, unfortunantly we do not all live by this code.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Nnunnari View Post
    I bought and sold this bat on ebay several years ago, possibly prior to shipping records being available to the public?
    If I recall, the bat was shorter than a typical Winfield gamer, 34" or 34.5".
    When I listed the bat, I would've had the bat's dimensions in the description.
    I may have originally bought the bat from Mike Schultz, and unfortunately he burned a few of us back in the day. Sorry Worldchamps.
    Sorry worldchamps? For real?? WOW....

Banned

Bill-
    Check your mailbox. I forwarded our email chain to you from the time of the purchase back in '08. I clearly explained that the bat did not match Winfield's shipping records. I also offered to refund your money and not ship you the bat. You declined to have the money refunded and wanted the bat shipped to you anyway.
    The fact that you would come back to me five years later and expect me to reimburse you is assassin and speaks more towards your character than mine. Please stop harassing me with emails and trying to damage my reputation.

-Nick

I got your email, I'm done communicating with you. You WON, congrats on moving a fake bat out of your collection.

And for the record he did offer a refund after I challenged him on it not being listed in bats records. But he sent me this compelling email, which I bought, oh well less learned..on who not to ever deal with again.

> Bill,
    > > I am not sure why this bat is not in records, my
    > > thinking is that the bat was ordered early in the
    > > 1990 season, possibly spring training and the bat
    > > might not have made the record book. It is the
    > same
    > > legth and weight as other Winfield gamers of this
    > > era along with the gwynn finish which he commonly

> > ordered at that time. The bat also displays
    > strong
    > > Winfield characteristics with the heavy pine tar
    > on
    > > the lower handle, ball marks on the left side of
    > the
    > > barrel and the worn in #31 on the knob.
    > > I purchased this bat from a bat boy who claimed
    > the
    > > bat was given directly to him from Winfield in the
    > > early '90s.
    > > Let me know if you still want me to ship out the
    > bat
    > > today, I can tell you it's a great looking bat
    > that
    > > I have no doubt was used by Winfield.
    > >
    > > Nick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned

Like I have previously stated, at the time, prior to my knowledge of Mike Schultz, who he was and what he was all about, I thought this was a legit bat. I was in no way trying to sell you a fake bat and offered to not even send you the bat if you were not comfortable. Unfortunately, a lot of people fell for Schultz' story during that time period, myself included.
    For you to imply that I was trying to rip you off is ridiculous.

This has led to a very interesting topic for me. What do you Forum members consider a proper "statute of limitations" for something like this?

My 2 cents is that I cannot see myself saying to a buyer "sorry, dude" when something I sold them is shown to be 100% bad.

I actually have in my possession a GU bat that I bought directly from a prominent GUF member that has, you guessed it, a Mike Schultz letter. I've never asked him his thoughts on a refund, even though I often wonder what he'd say.

Ken