Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Sun Times Show Nov 22-24

Anyone know if there is a list of of which companies will be at the show?

Also, anyone have any reccomendations for where to find some good deals there?

Thanks-

Re: Sun Times Show Nov 22-24

Anyone have anything?

Also does anyone know how the photo-op works? Is the time that happens before the scheduled autograph signing?

I have been quite a few times, as I only live 5 minutes away from the convention center. Sadly, most times I go, I regret wasting my time. I am into game used and focus on Chicago (cubs, bulls, bears & hawks) and there is usually minimal there, and if it is there, it is either expensive or lower end players.

Now if you are into cards or collectibles, I guess this would be the place to go...or if you want to get an autograph from one of your childhood heroes, or a present day player you like it is good for that (just be prepared to pay)

All that being said, I will probably get up in the morning, hop a cab over ($7), pay to get in ($10) prob have a hot dog, pretzel and a soda ($15) buy something to make myself feel justified for leaving the house in what will be 25 degrees out ($50-$100) and take a cab home ($7) when I get home I will say, why didnt you just buy that bat you want on ebay for $150 and taken your afternoon to watch college football

I am sure many other people have had much better experiences at this show, but for me just seems like the same c*** every time.

ENJOY

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSTIG View Post
    I have been quite a few times, as I only live 5 minutes away from the convention center. Sadly, most times I go, I regret wasting my time. I am into game used and focus on Chicago (cubs, bulls, bears & hawks) and there is usually minimal there, and if it is there, it is either expensive or lower end players.

Now if you are into cards or collectibles, I guess this would be the place to go...or if you want to get an autograph from one of your childhood heroes, or a present day player you like it is good for that (just be prepared to pay)

All that being said, I will probably get up in the morning, hop a cab over ($7), pay to get in ($10) prob have a hot dog, pretzel and a soda ($15) buy something to make myself feel justified for leaving the house in what will be 25 degrees out ($50-$100) and take a cab home ($7) when I get home I will say, why didnt you just buy that bat you want on ebay for $150 and taken your afternoon to watch college football

I am sure many other people have had much better experiences at this show, but for me just seems like the same c*** every time.

ENJOY
    Although I attend every show as a dealer assistant and occasional authenticator, I agree that actual game-used items of players are far fewer than they used to be. If you want retail jerseys, though, it's a paradise.

Another side note on high-end game used jerseys: There'll be some out on tables, but nearly all, if not all, will be ones showcased by the varied auction houses that set up there (though I noticed few, if any, today).

Dave Miedema

If someone attends, can I get a report of what GU Bears stuff is/was there?

I always want to go but never find the time...

I'll be there tomorrow (Sunday). Is anyone selling 1970's common jerseys? How about stadium seats (or other relics)? Dave M., where will you be working? I'd like to meet you.