Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Livan Hernandez - Nationals 1st Game Baseball Question

Quote Originally Posted by cliffjmp33 View Post
    That is pretty amazing story about Livan holding the ball and your friend so quick to respond to both you and Celebz Direct.

As a follow up, I got a response via eBay from them noting the issue and have since pulled the auction. A credit to them for doing so.
    Scot at CelebsDirect called me this morning and said that ball on eBay was supposed to be part of inscription balls they were doing on random game used balls from 2005. He said his employee who handles the auctions made an honest mistake. What's scary is that it shows how easily someone could buy one and try to pass it off as "the ball".

The nice thing as I told my friend who is the consignor of the real ball going to Lelands is I just helped him with his research that there was never a 1st pitch ball hologram'd, just 1st hit and 1st HR. His ball will help set the value for my balls as they are all historic.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

What bothers me about this is why he would even agree to sign that ball with that inscription knowing anyone could easily pass it off as the one. I know it's big business for ball players to sign what the fans pay for but knowing it's not that first pitch ball he should have the common sence to say "I know this is not the first pitch ball so I can not justify writing that inscription"

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    What's scary is that it shows how easily someone could buy one and try to pass it off as "the ball".
    Carbonrosa, I agree which is why I made that statement above. Players are kind enough to inscribe items and then BAM it shows up on eBay with an incorrect description but what do you do when you have an inscription that implies to a normal person that its the ball . The ball is inscribed "1st pitch Washington Nationals 4/4/05 vs Phils". Is the onus on the athlete or the person asking for the inscription?

The only reason I even saw this thread was that someone emailed me to ask my opinion. I'm glad I helped.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by cliffjmp33 View Post
    I know the rules is to contact the seller ahead of time, but I wanted to verify this with others.

There is a Livan Hernandez game used signed and attributed baseball to the Nationals first game as an organization. It is from April 4th, 2005. The game was in Philadelphia.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331070994469...84.m1438.l2649

The reason I bring it up is that the ball has the Nationals logo on it. I wanted to verify with others, but I believed balls with the Nats logos were only used at home? If someone can verify this, I'll be glad to contact the seller and forward my concern. Or, if I am wrong (which very much could be), I'll add it to another piece of education on the board!

Thanks.
    I see they stopped the auction.

Name:  livan_inscribed_ball.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  158.5 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500