Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Jeter, Big Papi Steiner Letters without item for sale

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw...at=0&_from=R40

Is this agains eBay policy to sell COAs without the item?

Samples
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Re: Jeter, Big Papi Steiner Letters without item for sale

What seems more damaging is that 27 Jeter COAs have already been sold.
    There are 20 more for sale.
    Something to keep an eyes when buying Jeter and Ortiz items going forward.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

This is absolutely ridiculous. How could Steiner let this happen? Unless they're fakes. Wow.

Banned

They're not fakes, unfortunately.

Steiner just jumped to the top of the DO NOT BUY list.

The real problem is, some of the previously sold Jeter letters were for bats, jerseys and one was even for his fielding glove. Since there were no matching number holograms or anything like that, some fakes are certainly going to hit the market
    Matt

I have forwarded a link to this thread to the appropriate people at Steiner, and have given them my contact at EBAY security to get these items pulled, and to check to see what letters may have been stolen from their offices

I thought there was a post on here about the Ortiz Steiner LOAs a couple of years back (that's how long they have been up, unsure if it was the same seller) and this was addressed then (to both Steiner and eBay I believe, I know I've contacted eBay about them). I seem to recall those Ortiz letters as being more vague and saying something along the lines of "this game used item" and not referring to a specific item.

Obviously, if you're in the market for either player's items, make sure they also have the MLB holo on them and don't just go by the Steiner letter.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KGoldin View Post
    I have forwarded a link to this thread to the appropriate people at Steiner, and have given them my contact at EBAY security to get these items pulled, and to check to see what letters may have been stolen from their offices
    "stolen" lol

I sent a message to the seller on Ebay, here is my message followed by their response.

"Dear nymintsports,
    Hi there. I know you're just trying to do business & make money, but as an avid collector this seems like a very irresponsible thing to do. This really damages the whole point of Steiner COA's as far as fans/collectors looking for these things as proof that the item they have is legit. With these people can just buy them & attach them to any old glove, sock, shoe whatever. Just my 2 cents, but I am speaking for the entire collecting community. Thank you."

And they responded with this.

"these letters are from my collection they will be bought by Tri-Star and used as cut signatures!!!! thanks for your concern!!!!
    - nymintsports"

If they're on Ebay how the hell do they know who is gonna buy them & what they'll do with them?!?! Hahaha. Wow.

Interesting response from the seller. Certainly a cut signature would make it very collectible but you also have to be concerned what other purpose these LOAs could be used for.

This part of my comment goes back to how Steiner would ever think of using non-numbered holograms as the issues from Steiner products floating around with generic holo's is still a big problem in the hobby.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500