Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Matt Barkley Game Worn MEARS

http://sports.mearsonlineauctions.co...sey-(MEARS-LOA)

Based on numerous factors this jersey dates to only the 2010 season. Getty Images shows that he wore one red jersey in most games.....the left shoulder seam reveals that. I haven't been able to photo match this jersey to any game as of yet. I'm bidding on it as game issued.

Re: Matt Barkley Game Worn MEARS

I assume you meant to say 2011, based on the Pac-12 patch.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianK View Post
    I assume you meant to say 2011, based on the Pac-12 patch.
    Hi Brian....you're correct....typo. However, I have some revealing information concerning the Barkley jersey....with photo evidence. Please read my next post.

Firs and foremost, the PAC 12 patch and placement date this jersey to the 2011 season ONLY. That being said, a significant problem exists: attached are photos from every game played in the 2011 season. Notice the elastic at the bottom of each sleeve. In 2011 Barkley jerseys utilized an "open" sleeve much like Phillip Rivers uses currently. In 2010, Barkley utilized a "tight" elastic sleeve fit like Andrew Luck currently does. The jersey offered clearly has the "tight" elastic cuffs at the bottom of each sleeve. Photo evidence will show this was an impossibility in the 2011 season.....the ONLY season this jersey could have been worn. You can also clearly see the thickness of the elastic cuff in the auction jersey....compared to the thickness in the actual game photos. They do not match. I will attach a photo from 2010 that will show the extra tight fitting cuff. The 2011 jersey fit extra loose....not even close. Lastly.....photo evidence shows that Barkley, after the third game, used a "cropped" bottom jersey....there is NO size tag. The offered jersey obviously has a size 44 size tag. All this being said, in my OPINION, there is no way this jersey was worn by Matt Barkley in a USC game.

Photos from each 2011 game. Note the wide open sleeves…….
    Attached Images Attached Images        

A game photo from 2010…..note the tight sleeves….such as the offered jersey that could not have been worn in 2010.

Finally, attached are three photos from different games all showing the cropped elastic bottom that eliminated the size 44 patch.

i think we can all agree the offered jersey could not have been worn by Matt Barkley in 2011….the only year the patch style matches to. I think it is a "game issued" jersey that someone put the wrong patch on. Clearly not a game worn jersey.

I see your point clearly about the sleeves.
    Here's a possible explanation. There were two #7 captains on the 2011 Trojans.

Perhaps this is a jersey for T.J. McDonald. He usually wore a size 42, but I did found at least one photo showing size 44.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianK View Post
    I see your point clearly about the sleeves.
    Here's a possible explanation. There were two #7 captains on the 2011 Trojans.

Perhaps this is a jersey for T.J. McDonald. He usually wore a size 42, but I did found at least one photo showing size 44.

Great photo. The size of the C on the 2010 photos and 2011 photos looks different as well.