Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3arod13
    • Apr 2006

Interested In Mcgwire Bat - Any Issues?

I'm interested in this McGwire Bat. Any issues anyone can see?

Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~
  • metsbats
    • Nov 2005

Re: Interested In Mcgwire Bat - Any Issues?

Tony,

The inscription says 87 gamer however the factory code on the knob is "8" whch means it's a 1988 bat.

David
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• 3arod13
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by metsbats
      Tony,

The inscription says 87 gamer however the factory code on the knob is "8" whch means it's a 1988 bat.

David
      David, thanks for the info and response. Guess I'm no longer interested.
      Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• 3arod13
        • Apr 2006

Seller: Thanks for the info. This was purchased from his brother. I'm going to just have it psa'd to be sure. Thanks again!

Good that they ended the auction.
        Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• metsbats
          • Nov 2005

While the inscription does not match the year of the bat it doesn't take away from the authenticity. I'm not a McGwire expert but the bat model is consistent with his A's era model bats ( 256B) as is the location of the pine tar and "MAC" on the barrel end.

Players have been known to sign bats incorrectly so this may have been a case where MAC was present the bat as an 87 but it really was an 88.

Of course an 87 rookie year bat would certainly be more appealing than an 88 hence the inscription.
          metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• 3arod13
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by metsbats
            While the inscription does not match the year of the bat it doesn't take away from the authenticity. I'm not a McGwire expert but the bat model is consistent with his A's era model bats ( 256B) as is the location of the pine tar and "MAC" on the barrel end.

Players have been known to sign bats incorrectly so this may have been a case where MAC was present the bat as an 87 but it really was an 88.

Of course an 87 rookie year bat would certainly be more appealing than an 88 hence the inscription.
            I liked the bat, but just can't get past it being inscribed incorrectly. Been there, done that with Arod!
            Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• metsbats
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by 3arod13
              I liked the bat, but just can't get past it being inscribed incorrectly. Been there, done that with Arod!

Couldn't agree me with you
              metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

Working...