Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: 1977 Carlton Fisk possible surprise gamer?

Also looking at the picture you references if you look at the v neck collar in front and draw a straight line down the D in Red is a bit closer than the S in Sox and looking at my jersey it is the same...and the closed hook on the S is almost identical...again probably tough to find EXACT photo match but the evidence looks VERY good!

The only thing that might be an issue after poking around is the size. In 1975 he wore a 44 and in 1976 he wore a 45 (odd size I know). I would suggest messaging Lon Lewis who is one of the guys in the hobby who knows a lot of stuff about these jerseys.

Not sure but this is the email I used several years ago.

shadowsdad@worldnet.att.net

Yes I did see that as well...thank you for his email....I just sent him a brief email as well as the pics...thanks!

No problem I hope it is real . Regardless this is a cool piece and at such a bargain. Way to go once again.

Banned

Everything that can be analyzed in the photos seems to be supportive of its authenticity. I've seen a number of Red Sox home gamers from the mid-1970s that were recycled in the minors, and carry that light grey fading from the extra wear and washings.

Dave Miedema

I agree with Dave you can only go on what you can see from the photos. Also you can only go on the info the person tells you.

I had a fellow forum member email me and he actually examined the jersey in person and said it is road gray and 100% a paw Sox Jersey.

So there y ou have it. Looks can be deceiving I suppose. I still like the jersey regardless.

The jersey is DEF not grey.....I showed it to several Red Sox collectors who have jerseys from the same era (some even from 1977) and there HOME white jerseys are heavily faded as well...they also had a few GREY Pawtucket jerseys in there collection and rest assured the FISK is not close to their GREY jerseys...in any case I will prob send to MEARS although I feel confident it is good

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CTjerseys1964 View Post
    The jersey is DEF not grey.....I showed it to several Red Sox collectors who have jerseys from the same era (some even from 1977) and there HOME white jerseys are heavily faded as well...they also had a few GREY Pawtucket jerseys in there collection and rest assured the FISK is not close to their GREY jerseys...in any case I will prob send to MEARS although I feel confident it is good
    when YOU capitalize random WORDS it doesn't HELP get your point ACROSS it just makes your post really ANNOYING to READ

my apogies....will keep in lower case

Banned

Here's a 1977 Red Sox home gamer from another player
    http://jan12.hugginsandscott.com/cgi...m.pl?lotno=512