Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: 1977 Carlton Fisk possible surprise gamer?

How can you tell the 70s Pawsox from the Boston? Didn't Boston recycle most of their jerseys to the minor leagues. I know the Bristol Red Sox (AA) were wearing McAuliffs back during the late 70s early 80s? If I recall correctly, I think they put BRISTOL over the front were BOSTON was on the road jerseys.

Did PawSox having unique tagging?

Quote Originally Posted by RJB44 View Post
    How can you tell the 70s Pawsox from the Boston? Didn't Boston recycle most of their jerseys to the minor leagues. I know the Bristol Red Sox (AA) were wearing McAuliffs back during the late 70s early 80s? If I recall correctly, I think they put BRISTOL over the front were BOSTON was on the road jerseys.

Did PawSox having unique tagging?
    The Red Sox mlb team wore Boston on their gray away jerseys not Red Sox. They wore Red Sox on the home jersey's. Since this is grey and does not have Boston but Red Sox it is 100% a Pawsox jersey. I talked to a long time Red Sox collector who held this exact jersey in his hands and compared the jersey and he has no doubt it is a Pawsox jersey. Not to mention the size differential as Fisk ordered 45's and this is a 44.

Did the PawSox wear Wilson jerseys during the 70s? I just saw an ebay auction for a 80s PawSox jersey. Curious to know if PawSox changed from McAuliffe to Wilson.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Game-Wo...-/321282069344

Banned

Exclamation Re: 1977 Carlton Fisk possible surprise gamer?

Quote Originally Posted by RJB44 View Post
    Did the PawSox wear Wilson jerseys during the 70s? I just saw an ebay auction for a 80s PawSox jersey. Curious to know if PawSox changed from McAuliffe to Wilson.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Game-Wo...-/321282069344
    Back then, the suppliers for the Pawsox seemed to usually be the same as the suppliers for Boston. That said, while not an ironclad belief, I would lean towards the idea of the Pawtucket team switching to Wilson when the Major League Red Sox did (1979).

Dave Miedema