Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: December pickups

Thank you for the compliments gang. The team photo was started last year at Redsfest, had some luck getting it hammered out over the past year. Would like to get Phillips and Bailey but may throw the towel in and get it framed after this previous Redsfest.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Love the team photo. I did the same thing with my Cubs photo from a few cubs conventions, just found out its easier if you have a child with you lol. they tend to get more attention from players (which I thought was really cool) and now my little one has a great token of what its all about collecting and meeting the players and that is what it was all about in my eyes

Bailey is supposed to appear at some of the Winter Caravans. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by EricTheRed44 View Post
    Sorry for the insanely large photos.... should have made them smaller.
    Email me at asimmons23@Yahoo.com, I would be interested in the playoff Frazier bat.

Thanks

Duke Snider bat:

It has a couple of key traits for Snider bats - the customary criss cross handle tape and lots of cleat marks. There is also something unique to the barrel I found, in that it has about half a dozen bat boy nails to repair some heavy use, which was then seemingly covered up by some applied pine tar on the exact area of the nails. Then there is continued use after the nails and pine tar were added. The guess is that he liked the bat and wanted to continue the use, so nails were used to fix some grain separation. But doing so with the nails in the bat was not allowed, so the tar was likely used to help disguise that fact to the umpires or the other team. I really liked the look of the bat overall, but found that individual player repair added something more to it as a back story.

Ben
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Great Snider bat!

2013 David Ortiz gamer. Dated 8/27/12, which was AFTER he had already been shut down for the season. I have this matched to many games in 2013 up into June.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla777 View Post
    Duke Snider bat:

It has a couple of key traits for Snider bats - the customary criss cross handle tape and lots of cleat marks. There is also something unique to the barrel I found, in that it has about half a dozen bat boy nails to repair some heavy use, which was then seemingly covered up by some applied pine tar on the exact area of the nails. Then there is continued use after the nails and pine tar were added. The guess is that he liked the bat and wanted to continue the use, so nails were used to fix some grain separation. But doing so with the nails in the bat was not allowed, so the tar was likely used to help disguise that fact to the umpires or the other team. I really liked the look of the bat overall, but found that individual player repair added something more to it as a back story.

Ben
    Ben:

FANTASTIC lumber as usual, Ben

Dave Miedema

Wow Ben! That Snider bat is amazing! Congrats on the pickup.

I didn't get these in Dec, but hadn't had a chance to post yet. Both came directly from the Rapids and were worn in the 5-1 win over the Sounders on 10/5/13. The Deshorn Brown was worn in the first half when he scored the second quickest goal in MLS history, 11 seconds and can be photo matched to the stain on his chest. The Dillon Powers (MLS ROY) was worn in the second half.
    Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!