My collection, hopefully some HOF's here.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thesteelcurtain58
    • Nov 2013

Re: My collection, hopefully some HOF's here.

Here's my group of Bryce Harper jerseys. Two are from the Naval yard shooting commemoration with the Naval Yard patch. He personally gave me and signed the red one in between a double header. My family was there. And there's a story there. Just me and him talked in a small room outside their clubhouse. He's a really nice guy. Vs what the media likes to portray him. And of course he's dating a Buckeye so can't be that bad of a guy.

I have to limit it to three but already have my eyes on a couple of others.

Enjoy..
    Attached Images

Comment

• swainer
      • Feb 2012

Steel,

Amazing Harper jerseys! I would LOVE to hear the story behind your meeting if you're willing to share. Otherwise, I will wait until you open your man cave for the public to tour, buy my $20 ticket and enjoy the stories and eye candy!!!!

Thanks for posting all of these great items! Truly a HOF collection!!!

Peace!

John
      Always interested in Lance Parrish game used items. Looking for any Tigers game used jersey, game used glove, road Mariners jersey, and 94 Pirates home jersey. Contact me at john.swainer at gmail dot com

Comment

• ivo610
        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by thesteelcurtain58
        Ivo610,
        I did mymresearch on this one. Has the markings you said to look for. But I didnt know all of what you posted. Thanks for the info.
        Are u a favre/packer fan? That's the level of ur knowledge on this jersey. Impressed. Did u used to own this one?

I got it basically because the amount of fake favres out there. Even it has a picture of him holding it in his driveway with a letter. Sigh. I would like a home GB legit jersey tho.

I'm very happy with this one, rarity, matched etc.
        Thanks for ur help ivo
        Yes, huge packer fan. I collect players from all teams but the Packers is what I am always searching for.

One of my good friends who lives close by consigned the jersey so I was really familiar with it.

Yes, lots of favre fakes out there. An article was published (authored by a forum member) awhile back detailing the fraud with favre jerseys even though they had a COA. I have seen a few of them in person and some are terribly bad. Favre's right hand man said he was launching a private investigation to get to the bottom of the fraud, but I think we are still waiting year later to hear anything about that.

Great collection.
        Ryan

NFL game used collector

Comment

• thesteelcurtain58
          • Nov 2013

Ivo610,
          I hope haven't competed with you in any green bay auctions. Think I'm done for now. I let the Rodgers white jersey pass in Goldins auction. Why did your friend let the favre jersey go? And why didnt u pick it up? But thanks for letting it go.

I think we will be waiting a longtime for favres mgr to get to the bottom of it. Unfort, that means I'm prob out of the favre market. Unless photo matched.

I see there are a couple serious GB collectors when it comes to bidding. I wonder if your the guy who picked up nearly every GB jersey this yr on the NFL auctions.

Comment

• thesteelcurtain58
            • Nov 2013

Everybody.....

Hope you guys are enjoying viewing my collection.

Just asking one thing....I'd like to see what you guys have. It'd be nice if you guys post in the "groups photos" thread. Like my HOF QB group picture, it's good eye candy. Those kind of pics are cool to look at. So let's be fair and post, because I still have a lot to post but want to see your collection also. Fair?

Comment

• solarlottry
              • Jan 2009

Will post some 49er groupings this weekend.

Paul
              garciajones@yahoo.com

Always buying 49er game worn!

Comment

• ivo610
                • Dec 2009

Originally posted by thesteelcurtain58
                Ivo610,
                I hope haven't competed with you in any green bay auctions. Think I'm done for now. I let the Rodgers white jersey pass in Goldins auction. Why did your friend let the favre jersey go? And why didnt u pick it up? But thanks for letting it go.

I think we will be waiting a longtime for favres mgr to get to the bottom of it. Unfort, that means I'm prob out of the favre market. Unless photo matched.

I see there are a couple serious GB collectors when it comes to bidding. I wonder if your the guy who picked up nearly every GB jersey this yr on the NFL auctions.
                Most of my packers purchases come from collector to collector. I actually made an offer on the favre to my buddy but he declined and sent it to auction.

Favre burned such a bridge in gb I only recently have thought about getting a favre jersey. I'm in no rush, but I would like a 90s era favre with some wear if I get one.

There are plenty of good favres out there though, he wore 2 jerseys a game towards the end of his career too.

The nfl auction prices on packer items are nuts. 2k plus for a james jones jersey? That's a $500 item in a few years.

Love your collection, thank you for sharing. Do you own many helmets?
                Ryan

NFL game used collector

Comment

• thesteelcurtain58
                  • Nov 2013

Paul,
                  Cant wait to see your 49er collection. I know you have some awesome items. Like i said if I run across anything significant I'll let you know..

Ivo610,
                  Yeah, ive watched the GB jerseys go for high prices and who has been bidding. One guy got every jersey but Rodgers this year. Sort of reminds me of pitt gear.

Interesting that you fans still feel the same towards Brett. I understand. But you're gonna have to retire his number soon before he gets in the HOF, I would think. Maybe most will be forgiven by then. Just wondering the reception he'll receive.

Actually I have quite a few helmets. Most Pitt. Difficult to come by. A couple historically significant. Do you have GB helmets? The throwbacks? Beware of some forgers on this board. I've been contacted by them. Very sketchy. It's why I'm more and more hesitant to post.

I would love to see your and your buddies collection. You should at least post some as groups.

Comment

• thesteelcurtain58
                    • Nov 2013

Swainer,

Thanks for the compliments. Much appreciated.

Comment

• thesteelcurtain58
                      • Nov 2013

Gonna post my favorite group, sentimental.
                      A group which makes me proud yet gets my anger going.

Comment

• thesteelcurtain58
                        • Nov 2013

Ok. Time to get back on point and lock it down. I think I got all the Steelers GU 9/11 jerseys except one. According to the registry.

Its actually my favorite groupings and prob went overboard in bidding. But considering the scaricity of Pitt GU jerseys out there, the 9/11's are def worth it. Took about 4 months to accumulate them all.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• thesteelcurtain58
                          • Nov 2013

And here was a tough decision...adding Ray Lewis. Whats cool is the 9/11 game was against the ravens so the rips, tears, markings in Rays jersey was caused by these same Pitt jerseys. I posted game screen shots to match it which came out well if you havent seen them yet. Worth the look up.
                          Attached Images

Comment

• esquiresports
                            • Mar 2012

Holy guacamole! That's incredible. I hope you have the space or add the space to be able to display and enjoy at least a good part of your collection. It really would be an amazing display. Congrats on the collection.

Comment

• esquiresports
                              • Mar 2012

I was going to send you a PM to discuss display ideas, but it appears you don't accept them. If you send me a PM with your email, I can email you.

Comment

• thesteelcurtain58
                                • Nov 2013

Ivo610,

Did your buddy send some favre documentation in to heritage? In just received more documentation and 2 DVDs for proof of authenticity. Or maybe heritage just found it. Thanks if you did bring it up with your friend. I wasn't worried. Actually forgot about it.

EsquireSports,

How do I activate my PM? I like your posts and am interested in speaking with you. Oh, and I have some great ideas for display but gotta start it before I post.
                                And do you post in another hobby related msg board?

Comment

Working...