My collection, hopefully some HOF's here.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thesteelcurtain58
    • Nov 2013

Re: My collection, hopefully some HOF's here.

Here's an interesting idea..post opposing GU jerseys that have been on the field at the same time and laid hits on each other.

Dont think I've ever seen those displayed.....I.e. The ray Lewis 9/11 jersey and the Pitt 9/11's. They played each other the first game of the season then the jerseys were pulled. Pretty cool looking at the pic knowing Lewis hit Wallace, pouncey, miller, ben and ward with that same jersey.

Comment

• thesteelcurtain58
      • Nov 2013

Thx to jbean, abstract etc I'm done. Was warned by others of the haters. People who collect socks that bring nothing to the table dont post gear but criticize. Still decided to sharebwith people I dont know. Share knowledge and educate. My friends and family are enough for me. Whether they appreciate GU or not.

Theynhave driven out great collections. There's a group of steelers that don't share. There are several ive met whomhave awesome collections, that dont post. When's the last time uv seen legit Bradshaw Greene Blount etc. Never. Uv seen maybe 20% of mine. And not the good stuff.

Super Bowl rings, one being a starter on the last one..huge,.any baseball..mine goes back to the seventy dodgers to gibson Orel. Win fields etc to present, trout, harper etc...and of course several jordans with perfect provenance. Then gear...helmets, bats, shoes,. U can read what happening currently with NFL auctions. And Unfort my bidding may go down. U several are unreal, bad taste. For the most part it's been fun.

Comment

• thesteelcurtain58
        • Nov 2013

..oh and I think I started a few good threads...please keep contribute to the groupings thread and Pitt. I was gonna make the Pitt thread epic

Comment

• BU54CB
          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by thesteelcurtain58
          Thx to jbean, abstract etc I'm done. Was warned by others of the haters. People who collect socks that bring nothing to the table dont post gear but criticize. Still decided to sharebwith people I dont know. Share knowledge and educate. My friends and family are enough for me. Whether they appreciate GU or not.

Theynhave driven out great collections. There's a group of steelers that don't share. There are several ive met whomhave awesome collections, that dont post. When's the last time uv seen legit Bradshaw Greene Blount etc. Never. Uv seen maybe 20% of mine. And not the good stuff.

Super Bowl rings, one being a starter on the last one..huge,.any baseball..mine goes back to the seventy dodgers to gibson Orel. Win fields etc to present, trout, harper etc...and of course several jordans with perfect provenance. Then gear...helmets, bats, shoes,. U can read what happening currently with NFL auctions. And Unfort my bidding may go down. U several are unreal, bad taste. For the most part it's been fun.
          Its a shame that you're done on this site, because it sounds like you had a nice collection to share. I'm not sure why you think there are haters or people jealous of your collection that are trying to drive you off the site.

There were some questions about 1 jersey and you chose not to address them, which is your decision. The photos posted of the Lambert jersey are out on the net available to the public, I don't understand why it was a big deal to post it in the thread.

You didn't hesistate to call someone out that you thought was involved in something shady, why is it not ok for others to ask questions about an item in your collection.

This site isn't perfect, but there's a lot of great things to see here and even better items out there for people to share.

Comment

• ivo610
            • Dec 2009

If it's one thing this forum hates it's vague accusations without information. I remember an Ocho helmet from JO that a collector made accusations towards jo about but wouldn't post any info. He got defensive and people got upset at him for public accusations without any evidence he was willing to share.
            Ryan

NFL game used collector

Comment

• ousooner_85
              • Aug 2012

Well said sir.....the black kettle and the mirror!

Originally posted by BU54CB
              Its a shame that you're done on this site, because it sounds like you had a nice collection to share. I'm not sure why you think there are haters or people jealous of your collection that are trying to drive you off the site.

There were some questions about 1 jersey and you chose not to address them, which is your decision. The photos posted of the Lambert jersey are out on the net available to the public, I don't understand why it was a big deal to post it in the thread.

You didn't hesistate to call someone out that you thought was involved in something shady, why is it not ok for others to ask questions about an item in your collection.

This site isn't perfect, but there's a lot of great things to see here and even better items out there for people to share.

Comment

• esquiresports
                • Mar 2012

Originally posted by thesteelcurtain58
                EsquireSports,

How do I activate my PM? I like your posts and am interested in speaking with you. Oh, and I have some great ideas for display but gotta start it before I post.
                And do you post in another hobby related msg board?
                Hi there. Not sure how to activate your private messages, but I also post on Collector's Universe (I collect cards and memorabilia). I believe you click on "My Account" and then "My Messages" to activate.

Comment

• esquiresports
                  • Mar 2012

You can reach me at scott (dot) graziano. I use gmail (trying to avoid bots scanning for email addresses).

Comment

Working...