Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: Post ur Pittsburgh Steelers GU gear and anything related, stories, encounters etc.

Franco and me in 1983.

Re: Post ur Pittsburgh Steelers GU gear and anything related, stories, encounters etc.

Where's the cross on the Troy jersey? Does he no longer have those on his game jerseys?

Ok. Time to get back on point and lock it down. I think I got all the Steelers GU 9/11 jerseys except one. According to the registry.

Its actually my favorite groupings and prob went overboard in bidding. But considering the scaricity of Pitt GU jerseys out there, the 9/11's are def worth it. Took about 4 months to accumulate them all.

trouble attaching the pics...
    Attached Images Attached Images   

And here was a tough decision...adding Ray Lewis. Whats cool is the 9/11 game was against the ravens so the rips, tears, markings in Rays jersey was caused by these same Pitt jerseys. I posted game screen shots to match it which came out well if you havent seen them yet. Worth the look up.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by thesteelcurtain58 View Post
    And here was a tough decision...adding Ray Lewis. Whats cool is the 9/11 game was against the ravens so the rips, tears, markings in Rays jersey was caused by these same Pitt jerseys. I posted game screen shots to match it which came out well if you havent seen them yet. Worth the look up.
    Attached Images
    those are sweet and show how much better the Reebok jerseys were. Does anyone know the story behind the Polamalu cross? Is it a sticker or decal of some sort, is it custom-sewn, and why are they removed?

Curtain--is there any remnant of it above his nameplate? Stitching, glue residue, etc?

Thanks!

Polamalu started adding the cross to his jerseys during the 2008 season.

He told me that in person and video evidence supports that as well.

Otis,
    The Troy jersey I got from the NFL turned out to be fake and doctored. It has since been returned and now may blow up into something big.

wow that's some huge news. I'm assuming that the jersey stunk badly like most of them do on NFL Auctions, which would mean someone really went a long way to fake a Troy. I'm sorry that happened.

thesteelcurtain58,

I would love to hear more about the fake Troy jersey. As you know, I was thinking about bidding on the Ben jersey but the photos did not match the jersey offered. I am wondering if that Ben jersey was also fake. Can you please PM me more about what you know. Us Steeler collectors need to stick together since we know how hard it is to find legitimate game used jersey's.