Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Regarding "Possible Fraud"

Please note that I deleted the thread previously on the forum regarding "Possible Fraud." Please note that I personally spoke with the person who purchased the jersey and it is my understanding that the buyer has already sent the jersey back to the seller and it should be received on Monday. I also understand there is a tracking number for the jersey through USPS and was sent with a signature required.

At this point, I am not interested in allowing a thread that speculates "possible fraud" when there is no evidence of fraud taking place. If the jersey is not returned as indicated then that would be another matter entirely.

Please note this is a forum designed to educate its members and not to make accusations based on speculation.

As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to email me.

-Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Re: Thread Regarding "Possible Fraud"

I'm really beginning to not like this forum anymore.

Money is the root of all evil......and that is evident and proven on all levels in so many ways.

I think the problem is no one reads the forums rules.

The classifieds section is the same. No one reads the rules. Everyday you have people posting items for sale over 500.00 or asking to trade items but not posting prices.

Seems the thread got a bit personal, but alot of educational stuff in that thread.

Particularly how some exploit the "gift" payments and the washed jersey situation.

I understand things have to be monitored and sometimes people must be kept in "check" but that doesn't mean we shouldn't learn about the repetitive issues in the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoshal13 View Post
    I'm really beginning to not like this forum anymore.
    I'm with you on that one...

Quote Originally Posted by RMoody View Post
    Seems the thread got a bit personal, but alot of educational stuff in that thread.

Particularly how some exploit the "gift" payments and the washed jersey situation.

I understand things have to be monitored and sometimes people must be kept in "check" but that doesn't mean we shouldn't learn about the repetitive issues in the community.
    I agree with you about the education of items. Some collectors have got stuck with something that wasn't what they thought or in some cases washed a jersey which to me is altering an item and then tries to sell the jersey with no mention of that. Maybe one or two collectors knew about it and I wish would tell everyone. I was going to purchase the Briggs 12/25/11 jersey you see on Ebay occasionally which was not identified as washed but a Bears collector contacted me telling me the jersey was washed saving me a purchase.

You guys are right full disclosure and honesty.

Then let the buyer decide if they want to buy an item.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil316 View Post
    You guys are right full disclosure and honesty.

Then let the buyer decide if they want to buy an item.
    Yeah I finally got the buyer to tell me the Briggs was washed after about 5 emails(he ignored the question but would respond to everything else) and telling him that another Bears collector already told me the jersey was washed and sent me a photo of the original jersey.

The photo comparisons of the AP gamer really deserve to be place somewhere.

I've bought from anythingdish several times, wouldn't hesitate to do so again. He always been quick to respond, great to communicate with and fast to ship. Not to mention pack stuff very well.

Having said that, the AP gamer really settles bad with me. I don't care about any of the "gossip" chatter either.

What I care about is how that jersey was sold and depicted and what it really is. For everybody who wants to come in and talk about forum rules, I came here to be educated, improve my collecting and learn. This forum is one of the very few outlets that allow that to occur.

It bothers me to see two posts deleted completely over the past week. Things can be edited and people can be spoken too, removal in does very little beneficial.

Some of us should be able to see the true character from those we buy, sell and trade with first hand. It's nice to see now people handle themselves when money isn't on the line for a sale.