Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Way to go SuperBowl CEO...

Anyone see this article on how well they're handling 'tailgating' at the this year's SuperBowl?

Tailgating will not be allowed at the Super Bowl

Awesome job.

I agree with the one commenter who said they better not be allowing celebrities to get special treatment and make them ride the Bus and Shuttles like everyone else.

And 'No Walking' to the Super Bowl? Are you f'n serious???

Banned

Re: Way to go SuperBowl CEO...

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Anyone see this article on how well they're handling 'tailgating' at the this year's SuperBowl?

Tailgating will not be allowed at the Super Bowl

Awesome job.

I agree with the one commenter who said they better not be allowing celebrities to get special treatment and make them ride the Bus and Shuttles like everyone else.

And 'No Walking' to the Super Bowl? Are you f'n serious???
    No tailgating - just cocktail parties in the luxury boxes.

So after you spend the grand or two on a ticket you then have to pay an extra $51 to take shuttle to the game? Anything for an extra buck.. I hope the weather is so bad that the attendance drops so the NFL won't pull this crap again.. I thought having the game outdoors in the cold was a good idea at first but I keep finding out more about it and it just sucks - no tailgating, no walking to the stadium.. What's next NFL no cheering or jerseys allowed to be worn into the games?

As a Giants season ticket holder...you really can't walk to the stadium anyway easily. Most people think that there is a lot to do nearby but really there isn't. It's not a major city that you would just be walking from your hotel. Parking has always been an issue and there is no cash parking available on game days---you must have a prepaid parking pass which not all season ticket holders were able to get. This is why parking passes can sell for 2-3x face value on ebay as it's the only way to be able to ensure tailgating at the stadium.

With most of the parking not being able to actually be used, it's a smart business decision to make sure all spots are used for cars. If you're not at the stadium for a giants game 2 hours before kick off finding a spot is a challenge with people taking up 2-3 spots per group of tailgaters.

Most people going to the game will not be looking to tailgate anyway. The average fan will not be going unfortunately.

Scott

It was the same rule in Houston for XXXIX. Is it not always forbidden?

The Super Bowl crowd isn't exactly an outdoor tailgating clientele Those that have been to the meadowlands also know that there's nothing around there anyway- kinda a news story about nothing.

If it is 15 degrees and snowing let them tailgate. Maybe all the drunks will get hypothermia before the game and not be able to bother everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by NEFAN View Post
    It was the same rule in Houston for XXXIX. Is it not always forbidden?
    So you couldn't park and walk to the stadium in Houston? Or park and catch a cab?

That's what I'm talking about - NFL is forcing fans to use ONE approved form of transportation at $51 a person to get to the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    So you couldn't park and walk to the stadium in Houston? Or park and catch a cab?

That's what I'm talking about - NFL is forcing fans to use ONE approved form of transportation at $51 a person to get to the stadium.
    My bad, I was only referring to the tailgating part of it. I was on a chartered bus from my hotel and had to be there 4 hours early to go through security. There was definately nobody tailgating.

The dreaded "perimeter" is the buzzword now at these big events. At some stage people will stop going (if that hasn't started already) and it might then turn around the other way but I think it's going to get worse before it gets better. Look for names to be put on tickets sometime soon as well, with any changes to those names made for a fee (even if you're taking your brother instead of your Dad) and matching i.d. required to enter the stadium, giving them even more control of the secondary ticket market and completely eliminating the guys with the "I Need Tickets" signs.