Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: nba auctions

nba auctions

Usually the same two people win most of the jerseys.. this bidder caught my eye: http://auctions.nba.com/cgi-bin/ncom...aunbr=19692216

Looks like someone has a fan...

Re: nba auctions

Ha, yeah it's beyond pointless to try to win gamers on nba auctions especially of superstars. I feel lucky to have nabbed a bosh noche latina one earlier this year

Ha, thats pretty funny!
    Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!

Quote Originally Posted by CPuente57 View Post
    Ha, yeah it's beyond pointless to try to win gamers on nba auctions especially of superstars. I feel lucky to have nabbed a bosh noche latina one earlier this year
    Agree 100%. I used to bid on Finals jerseys several years ago when Meigray first offered them, as well as ASG ones. But when 'jt_nbafan" got into the mix, it was pointless. Sure, I know I'd have to pony up some cash for a superstar player, but not like $40-60k for a Kobe Finals. Ridiculous..SMH

Do the prices on the auctions determine the prices of the jerseys sold on MeiGray's NBA jerseys site?

Hi Yankees24,

Happy to answer the question directly, since we at MeiGray are responsible for pricing.

The answer is, no we do not relate the auctions to the retail jerseys on sale at nbagameworn.com

We understand the frustration many of you face in not being able to successfully bid on the special jerseys (Finals, All-Star Games, Special events), but we feel the fairest way to offer these sets of jerseys is to an open auction in which everybody has an opportunity to bid, the highest bid wins.

Because we understand that many of you want to collect Superstar NBA gamers with 100% guaranteed authenticity and full lifetime protection, we also offer the gamers that you can request, and order on line.

We make sure to fulfill requests like these before putting the jerseys on the website, so those of you who have not been able to purchase before, can have an early opportunity to do so.

We are getting ready to offer our 2013-14 NBA gamers shortly. Anyone who would like an early opportunity to order one can do so by sending a request to sales@meigray.com or calling us toll-free at 888-463-4472.

There is no obligation to buy, but this ensures that you get an opportunity to acquire a jersey of your favorite team or player without worrying about getting outbid or getting beaten to the on-line punch once we post the jerseys.

Thanks, hope this helps,

Barry at MeiGray

Quote Originally Posted by BarryMeisel View Post
    Hi Yankees24,

Happy to answer the question directly, since we at MeiGray are responsible for pricing.

The answer is, no we do not relate the auctions to the retail jerseys on sale at nbagameworn.com

We understand the frustration many of you face in not being able to successfully bid on the special jerseys (Finals, All-Star Games, Special events), but we feel the fairest way to offer these sets of jerseys is to an open auction in which everybody has an opportunity to bid, the highest bid wins.

Because we understand that many of you want to collect Superstar NBA gamers with 100% guaranteed authenticity and full lifetime protection, we also offer the gamers that you can request, and order on line.

We make sure to fulfill requests like these before putting the jerseys on the website, so those of you who have not been able to purchase before, can have an early opportunity to do so.

We are getting ready to offer our 2013-14 NBA gamers shortly. Anyone who would like an early opportunity to order one can do so by sending a request to sales@meigray.com or calling us toll-free at 888-463-4472.

There is no obligation to buy, but this ensures that you get an opportunity to acquire a jersey of your favorite team or player without worrying about getting outbid or getting beaten to the on-line punch once we post the jerseys.

Thanks, hope this helps,

Barry at MeiGray
    Great, thanks Barry for stopping by. I saw on your website several game issued Derek Rose Bulls jerseys. Are you also working with teams to sell game issued jerseys of superstar players, for the collectors that would like a game jersey of their favorite players but for which the game worn price might out of reach for them? Happy Holidays!

Hi Yankees24,

Unfortunately, no.
    Game-issueds are not manufactured for sale to collectors, or anyone. True game-issueds are jerseys that are prepared for players who do not wear them for specific reasons ... usually due to injury.

That was the case with Rose. Jerseys were made in case he returned from his knee injury, but since he did not, they remained game-issued.

So in cases where a player might play but does not, sometimes game-issueds become available.

Hope this clarifies,
    Barry

Hi Barry,
    So i can put in a request , say, for a Kobe or lebron GU jersey and it will be honored before or instead of placing it in the NBA auction? I just email or call the contact info that you posted?
    Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleraddict View Post
    Hi Barry,
    So i can put in a request , say, for a Kobe or lebron GU jersey and it will be honored before or instead of placing it in the NBA auction? I just email or call the contact info that you posted?
    Thx
    Thanks Barry. I believe the special event jerseys usually are sold through NBA auction and regular season can be requested.

Barry, if you can elaborate on details how the NBA Game Worn program work. Can collectors request a jersey from a specific game, or are the jerseys you receive already determined by the NBA,teams, Mei Gray before the start of the season?