Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Steiner Sports Send Ins Question

Correction, at $200 I shouldn't have to hope the frame hides the damage.

A bit of an update:

I've been contacted by Steiner and have been given the option of
    1) Getting the photo framed professionally. My original plans were to frame it with tickets and a baseball card. I'm not sure how this would work out.

2) returning the photo back for a refund -
    I will only do this if they pay for the the cost of the photo, shipping and what I paid for getting the digital copy as a one time use. I also told them I would also be shredding it before mailing it to them as I don't want them to profit from it.

They said that not to shred it, that they would donate it to charity. While I've given alot to charity in my short time on this planet- I paid to get it signed for myself- not someone else. I do not feel comfortable with the charity part. I want it to be mine, or no ones.

I'm left to wonder what would have happened with a one of a kind item, or something not easily replaceable. Has anyone had an experience like this with them?

I was told they have never seen a Cert Card do this to a photo before.

Quote Originally Posted by cfern023 View Post
    A bit of an update:

1) Getting the photo framed professionally. My original plans were to frame it with tickets and a baseball card. I'm not sure how this would work out.

I will only do this if they pay for the the cost of the photo, shipping and what I paid for getting the digital copy as a one time use. I also told them I would also be shredding it before mailing it to them as I don't want them to profit from it.

They said that not to shred it, that they would donate it to charity. While I've given alot to charity in my short time on this planet- I paid to get it signed for myself- not someone else. I do not feel comfortable with the charity part. I want it to be mine, or no ones.

I'm left to wonder what would have happened with a one of a kind item, or something not easily replaceable. Has anyone had an experience like this with them?

I had one experience with Steiner where they framed an autographed photo, when I received it there was a fingerprint on the inside of the plexiglass right above the signature. So when I looked at the signature from certain angles, I would see the fingerprint.

Quote Originally Posted by cfern023 View Post
    A bit of an update:

Sorry to hear about your picture. It seems like having your money refunded might be the best route. I understand everything with wanting the picture signed for your personal collection but if you're not happy with it get your cash back. Why waste it and if they feel good about giving a charity a bad picture its on them.

UPDATE

Got my KG jersey back and very happy with the signature. Nice bold signature and a good size. Pierce is scheduled to sign tomorrow Thursday so hope it happens. Brendan at Steiner emailed me and took $10 off my Pierce cost. I'm happy that all seems to be moving forward.

Does anyone know the status on the Patrick Ewing signing? When to expect items?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]