Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

SCP Auction Rickey Henderson Jersey Help!

So I'm feeling like an idiot since I somehow didn't notice this before, but this 1998 Henderson GU Home jersey I just got in the SCP auction has the 24 on the back in a crazy position. Here is the link to the item:

http://catalog.scpauctions.com/1998-...-LOT26920.aspx

What's driving me crazy now is that it's signed as a gamer by Henderson, and it comes with 2 Man of Steal COAs which clearly are of this exact jersey. The COAs are different in style however, and now I think the signature of Mike Weiss in the second COA looks very different from the first one.

Is there an explanation anyone can give me or did I buy a dud? The only thing the SCP description says is "Game use is evident front and back, including some buckling to the large "24" numerals on the back". I'm concerned since there are 6 threads in this forum questioning the veracity of other SCP items from this auction.

If questionable, do I have recourse? I sent them a check and the item is certainly still in their possession. What do you think? Thanks for comments
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: SCP Auction Rickey Henderson Jersey Help!

The guys at SCP are easy to contact if you choose to do so. I am not so sure about Mike Weiss of MOS Sports, though. Some time after Rickey retired, he changed his name to "Michael Grossberg" and started selling cars.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

You would think Rickey would have signed both COA's one for the Sig and one for the jersey being game used.

This is another reason why I would never bid on an auction site that does not take credit cards.

I wonder if a number change can be seen if you turn the jersey inside out?

Just an update to the situation. After presenting my evidence to SCP, they did a quick investigation and agreed with me to cancel the sale. Everything was handled in a speedy and professional manner and I credit them for that.

Now to continue my search for a Rickey Henderson gamer....

Misha,

It is a Boston Red Sox Rickey, not an A's, but we at MeiGray have a photo matched Henderson jersey in stock.

Please contact me if interested. Toll free 888-463-4472.

Thanks, Barry Meisel, MeiGray

Quote Originally Posted by BarryMeisel View Post
    Misha,

It is a Boston Red Sox Rickey, not an A's, but we at MeiGray have a photo matched Henderson jersey in stock.

Please contact me if interested. Toll free 888-463-4472.

Thanks, Barry Meisel, MeiGray
    Thank you Barry, but I'm looking for an Oakland one

No problem, Misha.

Good luck finding one.

Happy Holidays,

Barry

Your jersey was 100% legit.
    The consignor of the Rickey items in that SCP auction was given top priority by MOS and purchased some amazing items directly from Rickey.
    The A's are and were always cheap!! The fact that one number is slightly bigger than the the other was nothing uncommon.
    The stitching on both back numbers is flawless and was never altered.

You are right to be extra cautious when buying, but I can assure you this is and was a Great Rickey gamer!!

I worked with MOS for years
    Attached is a photo of Rickey holding your jersey.
    Attached Images Attached Images