Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Looking for some bat display help

My son just turned 2 so I know have the time to start working on my room to display my collection. I'm looking for help in several different areas but mainly bats. I'm looking for pros and cons on displaying bats in bat tubes. I have seen a lot of collections stored without them. Do they really make a difference as far as preserving them? Where is a good place to look for displays? I have also heard moisture is a concern with them. I have never had an issue with this but I thought about drilling holes @ the ends. Anyone have experience with this? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Re: Looking for some bat display help

I was looking @ something like this or even displaying each bat individually. Price seems a little high?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BASEBALL-BAT...item2ecca2d068

These are the ones I use, I like the fact you can add a baseball to the bottom of it and display a signed ball too.

Usually you can snag one for around $25 or so from Michaels after their 40% off coupons, or 60% off display case, or 50% off any sale item (while it's already 20% off).

They accept competitors coupons too, so they are always cheap! Made of a wood or Woodlike material, with a door on them and a glass front. The door is what I liked, you can put the case up and just put the bat in it while it hangs - and remove it whenever you want.

http://www.michaels.com/Baseball-Bat...efault,pd.html

I use the Michaels ones myself ...they are great just get the coupon too save some dough.

I have tried most display ideas and now I just use bat tubes and curtain tie back hooks.
    The date on the pics are wrong, I just took them.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Michaels x3

Make sure you find the newer cases though because the older cases do not allow you to remove the inserts that hold the handle of the bat and the barrel of the bat. If you can't remove it, the bat barrel will face the left hand side

Also I bought a few spaces to put on the bottom of the cases so I can stack them on top of each other. If you do not have the extra room, the cases can't open all the way and will start tilting one direction due to the hinges

and in case you know any teachers.. they get additional 10% off sale prices (not on top of coupons)

Quote Originally Posted by MercyMe78 View Post
    Michaels x3

Make sure you find the newer cases though because the older cases do not allow you to remove the inserts that hold the handle of the bat and the barrel of the bat. If you can't remove it, the bat barrel will face the left hand side

Also I bought a few spaces to put on the bottom of the cases so I can stack them on top of each other. If you do not have the extra room, the cases can't open all the way and will start tilting one direction due to the hinges

and in case you know any teachers.. they get additional 10% off sale prices (not on top of coupons)
    If you want to make sure they are newer, look at the UPC code on the back.

If it is dated (in the numbers) either 2009, 2010 or 2011, do not buy. The ones that you can rearrange Horizontally or Vertically have date codes 2012 or 2013.

- Smitty

Quote Originally Posted by helf35 View Post
    I was looking @ something like this or even displaying each bat individually. Price seems a little high?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BASEBALL-BAT...item2ecca2d068
    I like the rack from eBay, but I agree the price is high. I would like to try to make it myself. Meanwhile, I used Velcro, twist ties and screws to hang bats inside tubes.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I use these BallCube tubes, they mount directly on the wall and you can connect them together. I overbought on the last order and still have about a dozen unopened I would part with, if anyone is looking for some. http://www.collectible-supplies.com/...1-1-1-1-1.aspx

What are the cons in using a bat tube? Thanks