Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Banned

Lightbulb Re: The Kansas City Royals game used thread

Quote Originally Posted by TBM View Post
    Here is a game used set of pants from 2004 Rookie of the Year Angel Berroa. When I bought these I was told that these were from that 2004 season. I do not know if they were really from that year or not. If anyone has any input on the possible year of use please let me know. These pants show good game use on the front and the back with some dirt and maybe light grass stains on them.
    If they are made by Russell, they are almost certain to be from 2004, as the Royals (and the other MLB teams supplied by Russell) swithced to Majestic for the 2005 season.

Dave Miedema

Re: The Kansas City Royals game used thread

Dave,

Thanks for the confirmation on that time frame. I have always wondered about how accurate it was and now I know. Thanks very much and thanks for all the help you provide to all of us!!!!!

Welcome Stanley and TBM, thanks for sharing your items!

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    If they are made by Russell, they are almost certain to be from 2004, as the Royals (and the other MLB teams supplied by Russell) swithced to Majestic for the 2005 season.

Dave Miedema
    I would say that the pants were likely issued in 2002. They may have been last worn in 2004, I have no idea. The last two digits on the pant tag I believe is a worn "02." To my knowledge that would indicate the year the pants were issued. Berroa was called up first in September 2001, then again in 2002 and won rookie of the year in 2003. As Dave stated in 2005 the Royals switched off Russell to Majestic. I hope that info helps

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelofSF View Post
    Welcome Stanley and TBM, thanks for sharing your items!

I would say that the pants were likely issued in 2002. They may have been last worn in 2004, I have no idea. The last two digits on the pant tag I believe is a worn "02." To my knowledge that would indicate the year the pants were issued. Berroa was called up first in September 2001, then again in 2002 and won rookie of the year in 2003. As Dave stated in 2005 the Royals switched off Russell to Majestic. I hope that info helps
    MichaelofSF,
    Thanks for more info on the pants. I've never really looked into them very much, because I didn't know how or where, so it's great to get that feedback. Also, yes your right Berroa was 2003 ROY. Don't know why I always think it was 2004. The information and helpful people on here is just so great.

I have john gibbons kansas coach's jersey size 50 rcmp69@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Juicyfruit66 View Post
    I have john gibbons kansas coach's jersey size 50 rcmp69@hotmail.com

OK?

I was at the two last 2015 Royals home games this last weekend. I saw one terrible game and one awesome game. There was still a lot of great vibes in the air from the central division clinching game. I love going to games at the K. I took my oldest son to both games and the Renaissance fair. I picked up three game used balls. One from Saturdays loss and two from Sundays win. Nothing special about Saturdays ball, I just like to get a ball from every game I go to any more. I will not buy a pitch in the dirt, past ball or foul ball unless that is all that is left. I get balls that have some meaning in the game, been involved in a play, been hit, etc. I have a couple significant balls and don't typically post them as there are lots of them out there. I have posted my 2014 First and second pitch ALDS because it had a great significance.

Like that ALDS ball, This ball has a big significance too. This was a 94MPH fastball from Ryan Webb that was hit by Alex Gordon to the Indians right fielder Lonnie Chisenhall to score Jarrod Dyson from second base for the final run of the game. Not such a big deal right? As soon as I saw Alex hit this ball I knew I had to have it. I watched the ball get handed to the authenticator and during the next inning I went down to the Authentic's store looking for it. I had to wait about 10 minutes as the counter person was tagging them and putting them into the computer. I did not really think about it at the time but as I was buying it I realized this was possibly the ball from Alex Gordon's last at bat as a member of the Kansas City Royals during the regular season at Kauffman Stadium. Not only that but it would also be his last hit and his last RBI (46) as a member of the Kansas City Royals during the regular season at Kauffman Stadium. Alex is up for free agency at the end of the season. He has a player option for 2016 but he will probably turn that down and test free agency. Maybe he will be back next year but we do not know what the future holds. So this ball has a lot of sentimental value. He is from Lincoln, NE the same town I am from, and plays for my favorite team. I have meet him several times and have followed his career since his collage days at UNL. He is my youngest sons favorite player. We saw him play in KC and in Omaha for the Storm Chasers while on a rehab assignment after hurting his leg in July. Hope to see him in a Royals jersey next year even if it means this will not be his last hit/RBI as a Royal at Kauffman stadium during the regular season.

I also picked up Francisco Lindor's bunt single in the top of the 7th inning. That was the first of two hits in the game by the Indians. It also led to the two play reviews during that inning. Lindor would be called out on review for not tagging up at third base before going home. It is the first hit to break up a no hitter that I have ever gotten. It is also a great ball from a 2015 Rookie of the Year candidate. I'm thinking about selling it though so I will not post pic of it yet. If I decide to keep it, I will post it at that time.

Sorry for the wall of text but I don't just enjoy the items. I love the story behind them as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

I made a new post for this bat earlier (Players first major league home run bats) but figured I would get it in the Royals thread also.

I went to the last two Royals home games of the 2015 regular season. I had been wanting an Eric Hosmer game used bat but I found a diamond in the ruff instead. I had been communicating with the Royals Authentics store for a couple weeks trying to line up a Hosmer gamer. I had no success, but had my heart set on a GU bat. On the last two home games of the season I attended a game on Saturday and Sunday. Before the Saturday game I got out my phone and started looking up all the MLB authentication numbers on the wall of GU bats. I wanted a bat that was used to get some kind of hit and not just a foul ball. I found a nice Mike Moustakas bat that was authenticated with a hit on it. I was so close to getting it but decided not to. I would sleep on it and maybe they would have a Hosmer bat out the next day.
    On Sunday, We were the first ones in line and when the gates opened we made a bee line to the authentics store. There were no new bats. So I once again started going through the bats that were there and kept coming back to the Moustakas bat. I decided to again wait. In the last innings of the game I went back to the store. I got a couple balls and started looking at the bats again. I once again had the Moustakas bat in hand and once again I put it back. It was just too much even if it had a hit authenticated on it.
    I started going through some bats from other players and finally settled in on a Paulo Orlando bat. I zeroed in on it because it was used during a game at Wrigley Field. It was authenticated to a ground out on a pitch by Jake Arrieta on May 29, 2015 in which the bat was broken from the impact. The bat was signed and it looked like it had gone through hell. It was plastered with ball and cleat marks. Paulo has become one of my favorite players. I have seen him in Omaha with the Royals triple A team the Storm Chasers as well as in KC. He has even signed a ball for me during one of the games. This bat faced a possible Cy Young candidate, for this season, and did not survive. I figured with as messed up as this bat was that it had to have some other games on it. So I bought it.
    When I got home I looked back at the game footage on MLB.TV. I always like to look at the game footage that my items were used in. I then started to wonder what other games this bat may have been used in. I looked at the box scores for previous games and started to watch the parts of the game where Paulo was up to bat. I got to the May 26 game against the Yankees and went a little far in looking for his at bat. I heard the audio first. Paulo Orlando hit his first career home run. I was floored, was it hit with the bat I now own? “Please, Please, Please, Please” I am shaking and muttering to myself. Finally I get a nice close up of the bat and there are the familiar marks that were the reason I bought the bat for. Unmistakable, Undeniable and clear as day. I went outside and started to celebrate. I was whooping and hollering, I was so happy and elated. Paulo Orlando had hit his first career major league home run with my bat. He hit it against Andrew Miller at Yankee Stadium. It was also the only run that was scored by the Royals in a 1 – 5 loss.
    This is my first Home Run bat, by one of my favorite player on my favorite team. The bat had been used at both Yankee Stadium and Wrigley Field. I have not had time to look more into it but this bat could have been used in a game as far back as May 20 versus the Reds, Cardinals, Yankees, and Cubs. I have to dig more to see how many other hits this bat has on it, if any. I just need the time to do so.
    Not only was this Paulo’s first home run it also happened during the Sonic Slam inning and Dewey Collins won $900 on that home run. The first picture shows a screen capture from just before his first home run with a picture of the bat that I overlaid on it.

More pics of my Paulo Orlando first major league home run bat.

Hello all,

Anyone interested in letting any Jason Kendall Royals items go for some $$$?

I'd be interested in anything you guys have.

Thanks!