Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Re: The Kansas City Royals game used thread

Johnny Damon game used bat
    I can't make out the second number on the date on this bat, I can see a 9 but the second digit is not clear. A crack is present on this handle.

Here's another Damon bat
    This one is from the year 2000. In 2000 Damon had one of his best seasons. He led the league with 136 Runs, had 214 hits (career high .327 BA), stole 46 bases, hit 16 home runs and knocked in 88 runs. There is some grain separation on the barrel near the name.

Wow guys those are some great pickups. Love the postseason stuff. Only wish I could afford some of that. Those Hosmer bats are real nice. If you don't mind my asking, where did they come from? Only thing I've been able to afford from the post season so far is a ball from ALDS game 2, Cueto to AL ROY Carlos Correa that was fouled back (I was at that game) and a jar of Kauffman field dirt from WS game 2.

I've got my two day pass tickets to Royals Fan Fest for me and my oldest son. Would like to meet any of you guys there if possible. It would be great to talk to some of you. If anyone is going and wants to meet lets get something set up.

Quote Originally Posted by TBM View Post
    Wow guys those are some great pickups. Love the postseason stuff. Only wish I could afford some of that. Those Hosmer bats are real nice. If you don't mind my asking, where did they come from? Only thing I've been able to afford from the post season so far is a ball from ALDS game 2, Cueto to AL ROY Carlos Correa that was fouled back (I was at that game) and a jar of Kauffman field dirt from WS game 2.

I've got my two day pass tickets to Royals Fan Fest for me and my oldest son. Would like to meet any of you guys there if possible. It would be great to talk to some of you. If anyone is going and wants to meet lets get something set up.

My wife and I are going. I'm not sure how much game used or postseason stuff will be there. I would imagine a lot of team issued for postseason/world series. Some game used will be there but not sure what the price will be. I would imagine prices will be higher than years past with the World Series Championship. The few drawbacks of winning; hard to deal with crowds and higher prices across the board. Lol.

Those Damon bats are nice. I especially like the black ones...a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdixon View Post
    Paul Splittorff 1983. Larry Gura 1978 later used by Jacksonville team. Gura was 16-4 that year and won only game for KC in the playoffs that year. Wil Myers game used hat from 2012 All Star Futures game purchased from MLB at Fanfest in KC. John Morris Jersey.
    Really cool Splitt jersey!

Here is another Hosmer bat, this one is from 2013 (MLB authentication)
    This Hosmer bat was last used on 9/28/2013, the last game that Hosmer played in that season. The bat is broken and below is a picture of the bat breaking. Ball marks are primarily on the left of the label on the barrel. There is blue tape on the knob. This bat came directly from the Royals.

Love that color combo of the Hos bat.

Banned

Talking Re: The Kansas City Royals game used thread

I can't post photos, but I caught a game home run hit by Johnny Damon on the fly at Comiskey Park (front row,, RF seats) in (I believe) 1999 during a Sox loss to KC. It was also my 1200th baseball overall. The game was also notable because Chris Singleton hit for the cycle for the Chisox. I had both players sign the ball.

Dave Miedema

Here is a 2004 Beltran game used and signed bat. The bat shows good wear on both sides of the bat with a good amount of pine tar on the handle. It also has cleat marks and embedded dirt in the cleat marks. The bat has been through a lot and came out in one piece. There are no breaks in the bat at all. I have not been able to even come close to photo-matching this bat. One of the reasons I purchased this bat is where it came from. It came right from the collection of a former major league player.

In 2004 Carlos Beltran was elected to the AL All-Star team as a starter but was traded shortly there after. The Kansas City Royals then sent Ken Harvey to the 2004 All-Star game. This would be Ken's first and only All-Star game. He got one at bat in which he struck out. This Bat came out of Ken Harvey's collection. He sold off several of his All-Star related items recently. This bat was among those items. Ken was given this bat by Carlos Beltran who also signed it. I still do not know if this bat was from his time With the Royals or with the Astro's or even from the All-Star game. I was a fan of Ken Harvey's from the time he spent with the Nebraska Huskers baseball team and was elated when he signed with the Royals. I like the story behind the bat and the players involved. Any which way I had always wanted a Beltran bat to go with my Carlos Febles bat. Any Royals fan that was around in the early 90's probably remembers "Dos Carlos" from around the stadium. Some good memories there......
    Attached Images Attached Images        

That's a superb Beltran. I sure hope he gets some HOF consideration but I fear he is going to fall a little bit short when the time comes.