Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Re: The Kansas City Royals game used thread

Here is a pair of well used gloves that I got at 2016 Royals Fan Fest. I do not know for sure if they were orginally a pair or not. The wear patterns look different for each glove. I would have assumed that the blue sticky substances on one glove would be on the other and vice a versa.

The left one has a blue tacky or sticky residue on the palm of the glove and possibly a pine tar substance on the inside. It also features armor on the backhand side of the glove. This is what makes me assume that it belonged to a right handed batter as the left hand would face the pitcher and would need the most protection. It also has extra padding on the inside palm (opposite of the thumb).

The right one has mostly (in my opinion) pine tar and some blue residue. On the backhand side of the glove there is a good bit of dirt.
    Both gloves have tags on the inside with a MLBP 2014 date.

Neither glove has any numbers, inscriptions or any other identifiable mark that I know of. Even though I have not been able to photomatch them, I have style matched them to some that Omar Infante has worn. I took a shot in the dark buying them with out knowing who may have used them, but I liked the amount of use and the armor on them.

If any has any other info on who may have used these i would appreciate the info.
    Attached Images Attached Images           

I know Omar was hit in the hand by a pitch in game 4 of the 2012 world series & it broke his hand, so makes sense he'd want that extra protection now.
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Quote Originally Posted by CampWest View Post
    2015 Mike Moustakas, photo matched to games between 9/16 and 9/19. Mike hit season home run #19 on the 16th and #20 on the 19th.

Wes,

This jersey has the postseason patch but was it used in the post season?

If not the Mets did the same thing.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

The Royals put postseason and World Series patches on all four uniform variations. There are lots of postseason and World Series patched jerseys that never saw game use in PS or WS, but were used all regular season long. The majority of the PS and WS patched jerseys out there are authenticated as team issued but can be photo matched throughout regular season and were not used in PS or WS.

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    Wes,

This jersey has the postseason patch but was it used in the post season?

If not the Mets did the same thing.
    I do not believe it was post season used... though I wish it was..
    TBM's post covers it... the equipment managers slapped patches on a whole bunch of stuff, just so they had it available in case they ended up needing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Thanks Guys. Mets did the same thing too.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Banned

Cool Re: The Kansas City Royals game used thread

So did the White Sox in 2005 with WS patches. The team only wore home pinstipes and road greys in the sweep...no home vests and no black alternates.

Dave Miedema

Here is one of my first game used bats I ever got. I purchased it off eBay around 10 or 11 years ago. When I bought it I probably paid more for shipping than the bat itself. It is a Carolina Clubs bat from Carlos Febles. Back in the late 90's and early 2000's he was one half of "Dos Carlos", the other half being Carlos Beltran. Febles had a good rookie year but fizzled out after that. Beltran, on the other hand, has had a great career. I now display this bat right below my GU signed Beltran bat that I picked up a few months ago. Looking up at those two bats brings back some great memories at the ballpark. Dos Carlos together again.

Try as I might I have not been able to locate a style match to this bat. However the taped knob seems to be something he did through his career. The tape on the knob is covered in pine tar. Both the knob and end of the barrel have his #3 hand written on them. There are ball marks on all sides of the barrel. The handle has a nice crack in it.

If anyone has more info that they can add I would be greatfull.

This is a jersey that was previously posted in this thread. I purchased it from KDixon. It has been authenticated by Dave Miedema. Paul Splittorff 1983.

Sorry I can only post 1 picture at a time from my phone.