Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Re: The Kansas City Royals game used thread

Quote Originally Posted by ndevlin View Post
    1994 Stan Belinda Game Worn Jersey
    Really cool items Nate, do the Belinda and Appier have evidence of number removal on the front? The tagging looks good but in 94 on the blue alternates there were numbers on the fronts of the jerseys. Either way great looking jerseys, loved those blue alternates and the 94 patch on the sleeve too!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelofSF View Post
    I know that we have several Royals collectors on the board, so I wanted to create a thread for fellow Royals collectors to learn from each other and educate each other. As well as a place for us to share our findings/pickups.

I'll start with my favorite baseball item in my collection. I was able to obtain this from fellow forum member Jerry S. He was kind enough to let me pry this away from his collection. Even though I have had it for a few months, I still have not created a display for it.

George Brett 1992 game used jersey. This road style jersey is my favorite Royals style of jersey ever (Road 1992-94), and it is also of my favorite player ever. My all time grail type baseball jersey would be George Brett's 3,000 hit jersey, but that is in the Royals HOF and I don't think that is going to be in my collection anytime soon. Here is a road jersey worn by Brett in 1992 just prior to his 3,000 hit. George wore this jersey in September of 1992 on road trips to NYY, Bal and Min. George inscribed the hits that he had while wearing this gamer (2,979-2,784, 2,994-2,996). Brett collected hits 2,997-3,000 in one night in a 4 hit game against the Angels. On this jersey there is the Joe Burke "JRB" memorial patch. On Brett's jerseys, he modified the patch to have a "JHB" which I believe was for his father Jack Brett. The jersey is unwashed and has residual pine tar on the left collarbone area and the back right shoulder.

The tagging on the front of the jersey isn't exactly like other 1992 Royals jerseys as they typically show the Year, set #, number, then name. The Intera Tag is on the neck of this Brett jersey. I will post an example of another 1992 gamer next.

Great Brett jersey!

Michael -
    You are correct the 1994 KC Blue Alternative Jerseys did have the player's number on the front. See below - Wally Joyner 1994 Jersey
    Jerry Sage
    jssage24@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelofSF View Post
    Really cool items Nate, do the Belinda and Appier have evidence of number removal on the front? The tagging looks good but in 94 on the blue alternates there were numbers on the fronts of the jerseys. Either way great looking jerseys, loved those blue alternates and the 94 patch on the sleeve too!
    Thanks Michael, I like the blue alts as well. I had the Belinda out so I double checked but couldnt seem to see an outline of the number on the front. I'm guessing I just can't see it. Surely it was there.

A few Hosmer rookie items coming up....

Eric Hosmer 2011 game used autographed batting helmet (MLB authenticated)
    I just picked up this rookie batting helmet. The Hos was called up in May of 2011 as a highly touted prospect and delivered with a promising rookie year. Here is a game used batting helmet from his rookie year. The autograph is MLB authenticated from spring training of 2013. Hosmer used this style of helmet only in the 2011 season. After researching the helmet it matches with pictures of Hosmer from later on in the season.

The helmet is a size 7 3/8. There is tar on the brim of the helmet and scratches/scuffing throughout. There is a glob of tar above the left ear that is also visible in pictures. There are also some light blue streaks and dots on the helmet that can be seen in various pictures in the 2nd half

A pair of
    Eric Hosmer 2011 (rookie) game used cracked bats
    Hosmer made his debut on 5/6/2011. On Mother's Day a few days later Hosmer used his pink "Momma Hos" bat to knock in his first RBI, I lost out on a bidding war for that one. Here are two of Hosmer's very early MLB bats. One was ordered on 5/9/2011 and the other on 5/19/2011. These are Marucci EH3 model bats. Both have "35" on the knob. Hosmer's first few bats had "EH" on the knob (maybe because he was in the minors and didn't know which ML # he would be assigned?). The one made on 5/9 is MLB authenticated and I was actually able to photomatch the exact swing where the bat broke against Jeremy Guthrie on 5/26/2011. Big thanks to Keith Allison for taking such great photos and posting them on flickr. The tar pattern matches up exactly. The tar on this bat is a lighter color than what is normally seen on Hosmer rookie bats.

The other bat made on 5/19/2011 is autographed. After the 2011 season Hosmer brought some bats back to Florida and I saw a few of these for sale then, this is one of them. This one has the darker mota stick/tar that Hosmer used for most of his rookie season.

Alot of Hosmer bats have a taped knob and more recently taped handles.

Where do you get such clear images?????? I have a Hosmer bat I'm so close to matching but just can't get a clear enough image.

I picked up this World Series base the other day. Although it's not game used, at 225 bucks, it is much cheaper than what the game used bases were being sold for at the WS for $3500.

The way I see it, this is Alpha-Omega of the season this year for the Royals!

The Kansas City Royals game used thread

Hey KC fans, just wondering if any of you could help me out? I just posted a thread here and could really use the input of any of you knowledgeable KC collectors. Thanks!

I'm thinking of buying the World Series Base from eBay. Is it the same kind of bases they use on the field?