Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Re: The Kansas City Royals game used thread

Picked up 5 game used bats from the 1982 season. The highlight is of course the Frank White complete with the smiley face on the knob. I tweeted Frank several months back about the smiley face and he confirmed that's how he labeled all of his stuff.

The other bats are Hal McCrae, John Wathan, Jamie Quirk and Dennis Werth.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Forgot the picture with all 5.

Quote Originally Posted by ndevlin View Post
    Nice Michael. I haven't met Cone before but he appears to be pretty nice with the fans.

That being said, I am looking to add to my '87 thru '93 jersey collection if anyone has any they would like to sell/trade. I would prefer they be lower end and I'm ok if the NOB is removed.

WOW dude...you have a great collection. I am absolutely in love with the Blue Appier. I tried buying a 94 jersey

Quote Originally Posted by sportsnbikes View Post
    WOW dude...you have a great collection. I am absolutely in love with the Blue Appier. I tried buying a 94 jersey
    Not sure what happened but I tried buying a 94 jersey one time but was outbid.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelofSF View Post
    Nice bats Dale, thanks for sharing.

Yesterday I was able to show David Cone his 1986 rookie jersey. He was participating in American Century's Gold Tournament in Lake Tahoe all week. I brought his rookie jersey to the course. David recognized it and came over to me. He commented that it was a real old jersey and was gracious enough to autograph it. When he said he would sign it he even allowed me to set up a makeshift table (recycling can lid on recycle bin) and took his time to do so. I walked the course a few holes with his group and can say that it was a pleasure interacting with him.
    Cone is definitely a super nice guy. He's very down to earth.

Hey guys, new member here. Gotta say I am loving this site and in particular this thread. I've got some Royals game used stuff I would like to share, nothing as good as what I have seen here though. I have been a Royals fan all my life and have picked up a few things here and there.

This is my favorite ball. It is from the very first playoff game I have ever been to, 2014 ALDS game 3 at the K. When I bought this ball, from the authentics store at the time of the game, I just wanted a ball that had been used for more than a pitch in dirt, or passed ball as many of the ones on sale were. I found one and snatched it up before the person behind me could. Little did I realize the historical importance of this ball. It was not until the next day that I was able to look into the ball a bit more. This was the first and second pitched ball used in an ALDS game at the K. It was the first ball put into play, and involved in the first out recorded. This ball was pitched by James Shields to Kole Calhoun with Salvador Perez as the catcher. First pitch was a ball. Second pitch Calhoun hit to center fielder Lorenzo Cain for the out. The ball then gets passed around the infield until it makes its way back to Shields. You can then see Sheilds trying to get the attention of Perez. Shields throws it to Perez and it gets tossed out of play as Mike Trout steps to the plate. The next ball put into play was a Mike Trout Home Run that went into the fountains.

I will post more in the coming days. Lets Keep this thread going....

I was just at the final Omaha Storm Chasers game of the 2015 season and was able to come away with a couple of nice hats. The first one is a 2015 Balbino Fuenmayor player worn hat. This was obtained directly from the Storm Chasers team store. May not be a gamer per say, but still a nice hat from a top Royals prospect and 2015 Futures game participant.

Here is another great Storm Chasers hat. Picked this one up from the team store also. 2015 Brandon Finnegan player worn hat. Still may not be considered a gamer hat, but, Brandon was one of my favorite Royals prospects and I was elated to get this hat. I still don't like the fact that they traded him away. Heck Guthrie could have lost four in row just as well as Cueto has and still had Finnegan sitting in the bullpen. I know, I know maybe Cueto will snap out of it and those few quality starts he had were nice to watch, but I digress. Here is the hat:

Another hat I picked up from the Storm Chasers store. This one I got mainly because of the personal significance I have with the player. This is a hat worn by catcher Micah Gibbs. Micah went between AA Northwestern Arkansas Naturals and AAA Omaha Storm Chasers in 2015. On September 6, 2015 he became the first position player in three years to pitch for the Storm Chasers. But that is not why the hat has so much personal significance to me. On August 1, 2015 the Omaha Storm Chasers had a turn-back-the-clock night where they wore the old Omaha Royals jerseys. They also conducted an auction during the game where the winners got the jersey off the players back. I won Micah's jersey that night. It was a hot and humid evening and being the catcher every thread of that jersey was soaked with sweat. He did not want to sign it because it may have bled out. So we agreed on a time and place to meet at the ballpark before the game the next day. I set the jersey out over night to dry and took it to the game the next day. Sure enough he was there and signed my jersey. I was also able to get a ball for my five year old son. Micah, your a class act in my book. Ill go more into the story when I post the pics of the jersey, but now I have a hat to go with the jersey. Here is the hat:

Final hat for now anyway. I think I saved the best for last too. This player spent nine years in the minors trying to get to the majors. When he finally arrived he get there with a bang. He became the first player in MLB history to hit five triples in his fist seven at bats. This is a 2013 Paulo Orlando Game used hat. This hat was from the first of two consecutive seasons where the Storm Chasers won the national championships. In 2015 Paulo bounced between AAA Storm Chasers and the Royals. He is a fan favorite for both teams.