Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: The Kansas City Royals game used thread

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla777 View Post
    '87 George Brett road jersey with original Howser Memorial sleeve patch...
    Ben, to me that's as awesome as most of the bats you've posted that I've commented on. 1987 Royals gamers with the original Howser patch intact are real toughies to find.

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Ben, to me that's as awesome as most of the bats you've posted that I've commented on. 1987 Royals gamers with the original Howser patch intact are real toughies to find.

Dave Miedema
    Thank you, Dave

Heritage has a Grienke rookie jersey from the Monarchs game. Looks to be a pretty solid photo match, too.

Probably my favorite style of Monarchs jersey with the huge KC.

http://dyn2.heritagestatic.com/lf?se...oduct.chain%5D

Here is the new hat I just picked up. This is the hat that Omar Infante wore on Opening Day Sunday April 3, 2016 vs the Mets as the starter at second base. The Royals raised the World Series Championship flag and the game was also broadcast on ESPN that night. I am glad that MLB gave permission to the Royals to use these and the gold lettered jerseys during every Friday home game they look so nice.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Went to my first Royals game this year on May 14 against the Braves. While I was there I picked up this Alcides Escobar GU hat at the Authentic's store. This was the hat that he wore on Opening Nite April 3, 2016 against the Mets. This is also the hat that he was wearing when he received his first Gold Glove award, prior to the game, and was one of three the Royals received that nite. I have included a picture of all three gold gloves in a display in the Royals HOF.

I love these gold thread hats and the golden World Series champs patch on the side of the hat. Really happy MLB let them wear these every Friday home game.

One of the amazing things about the hat is that this was the second opportunity I had in getting this hat. It was on the Royals Auction site at one point. I did not bid on it because i thought it would go way over what I was wanting to pay for it. It only got two bids and was sold for a low price compared to the other hats that were listed. The buyer must have backed out and I was incredibly elated to find it in the Royals Authentic's store and bought it right away. I love second chances.

I picked up this Jarod Dyson Omaha Storm Chasers Game Used hat. He used this hat during his brief rehab stint with the Royals AAA team at the beginning of the 2016 season. This is one of the new powder blue hats that they came out with this year. The hat does not show much use on it.

You sure do love your hats.

Speaking of Royals' items, we here in Columbia, SC have been mystified why the Royals were so slow to promote Whit Merrifield, who finally came up May 18 and has been tearing the cover off the ball since. Here with the South Carolina Gamecocks, he set numerous batting records, while playing both RF and 3B with the 2010 National Champion team. He delivered the walkoff 11th-inning single that won the 2010 National Championship for the Gamecocks. It was also the last at-bat at Rosenblatt stadium, in its last College World Series before demolition.

He was the Royals' minor-league Player of Year, I believe, a year or two ago, but the Royals didn't bring him up even for a September cup of coffee. I suspect the problem was that modern scouts look too much at height and weight, and Merrifield was only of average size. He worked on gaining weight during the off-season, so the Royals finally "discovered" his potential.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsnbikes View Post
    You sure do love your hats.
    I don't mind hats. They are easy to display. Most importantly they are cheaper than most other items. I can afford cheap, jerseys are expensive, I can't afford expensive. This really goes for Royals jerseys this year. I would love to be able to spend $2500 on a dirty, gnarly Eric Hosmer jersey but I can not. So I settle for a hat instead.

Coxfan,

You may be mystified but we here in the Omaha area were thankful and loved every minute that Whit was here. As a member of the Storm Chasers he helped lead the team to back to back national championships. He was a fan favorite and we are missing him now but we are very happy he is having the success he is having in KC.