Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Re: The Kansas City Royals game used thread

Here is the last Raul Mondesi hat I got while trick-or-treating at the Storm Chasers Baseballoween event. This hat was the alternate road jersey hat during the 2016 season. It's a powder blue hat with a black lightning "O" and black bill.

Second hat is a Hunter Dozier alternate home hat. The hat is powder blue with the letters "SC" in white and has red baseball stitches in the letters. The inside back of the sweat band and size tag area has been cut out. This was common with these hats for many members of the team. The hat shows lots of use. Of the Dozier hats I saw this one showed the most wear and had a good amount of dirt on it. Dozier had a great year in the minors in 2016 and earned a September callup with the Royals.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Last hat from my trick-or-treating at Baseballoween is this Alex Gordon Storm Chasers hat. Alex played in two games with the Storm Chasers on a rehab assignment. He played left field the first game and DH the second. I took my son to the second one which was Super Hero night and a jersey off their backs auction, unfortunately I did not win a jersey this night. Anyways, this is the style hats the Storm Chasers wore during batting practice in 2016. I am not 100% sure he ever wore it as there is no signs of wear but the price was right. He would have worn this hat for just a couple hours at most between the two games if he did wear it for BP. So it should not have much for signs of wear in the first place. The hat is a darker blue with the letters "SC" and red baseball stitches in the letters.

1985 Steve Balboni Jersey... Year he set the Royals record with 36 homers in a season which still stands today. Also World Series winning year, that I believe they wore there regular season jerseys in? Anyway, pretty cool...

Here is another helmet from the Royals 2016 season. This helmet helped to make history. Raul Mondesi was the first player in MLB history to make his debut in the World Series. He wore this right handed batting helmet during his first regular season at bat, becoming the first player to have his first regular season at bat after a post season MLB debut. As a side note I also have the ball he hit during this at bat. The helmet was also used the rest of the season when he batted right handed.

I was able to photomatch the numbers on the back of the helmet.

Also as note Raul is a switch hitter and during this game he used both this helmet and his left handed batting helmet during the game. His last at bat was from the left side of the plate.

Here Raul Mondesi's left handed batting helmet. This is the helmet that he used the most during the season and it shows the wear. He was wearing this helmet for his first MLB hit on July 27, 2016 which was also his 21st birthday, Also making him one of the few players to get their first MLB hit on their birthday. Wearing this helmet he also hit his 1st MLB homerun on August 16, 2016 and his second on September 25, 2016 both against the Tigers in Detroit. His first homerun was against 2016 CY award runner up Justin Verlander. It was the second time in 2016 that Verlander gave up a Royals rookie first MLB homerun. The first was to Brett Eibner.

Mondesi's helmets have a habit of falling off his head while he is running. That is evident by all the dirt that is on the inside of this helmet. He also has a habit of touching his helmets/hats where the brim and the rest of the helmet/hat meet quite a bit. He will use both right and left hands to nearly molest that spot. All the hats and helmets I have of his have this trait. Dirt/wear at those spots. You can see it clearly on the first picture of the front of the helmet. I see this as a usage trait of his and would be cautious of any hat or helmet of his that does not display this trait.

I have photomatched this helmet to his first hit as well as his first and second HR's.

Raul Mondesi alternate blue jersey. Used on September 11,2016 in Chicago against the White Sox. Got his 21st career hit in the top of the 9th inning against Nate Jones.

Today is a sad day for Royals Nation. Yordano Ventura was killed in a car accident at 25. The only thing I have in my collection at this time is a ball he pitched to Mike Trout on August, 26 2015. It was a 99 MPH fastball that Mike hit for a fly out to right field. I'm posting this today to honor his memory. I enjoyed watching him pitch. I enjoyed his enthusiasm. I enjoyed his fearlessness. I will miss not seeing him pitch again. One of the last games I went to in 2016 was a game he pitched against the Blue Jays in August. I loved watching him duel against reigning MVP Josh Donaldson, Jose Batista, and the rest of the team. The Royals won that game. Also pictured is my Yordano Ventura autographed ball. Thanks for the memories, you will be missed. #RIPACE

Hello all,

Will any GUU members be attending this weekend's Royals FanFest?

Being from Pittsburgh, I'm unfortunately unable to attend.

Please contact me as I am looking for any Jason Kendall items that might be available for sale. I'm willing to pay finders fees! : )

Any assistance would be tremendously appreciated!

hawkeye8278 @ yahoo.com

I will be attending Fanfest and will keep an eye out for Jason Kendall items.

Thanks TBM!!!

This forum is the best!!!