Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Re: The Kansas City Royals game used thread

Quote Originally Posted by sportsnbikes View Post
    I've had this bat for a little over a year but I just found a cool complimentary piece in this lineup card. This bat was photo matched to Perez first career walk off home run. The lineup card is from that game.
    Where do you get all of these bats?

One of my favorite Royals pieces...
    Alex Gordon 2006-2008 (rookie, multiseason) game used glove.
    This glove was manufactured for Gordon in 12/2005 (BLEK, ID no 12). The glove is signed by Gordo and he inscribed game used. The glove was originally sourced through Hollywood Collectibles who was Gordon's exclusive memorabilia agent through 2008 or 09. Rawlings is stiched in gold on the thumb area with no rawlings identifier on the 4 finger side (helps to distinguish this glove from others). During the life of the glove, the wrist part of the glove was actually tightened as early on in the use of the glove there were two exposed holes between the Rawlings back of wrist patch that were later used to fasten the glove tighter.

In 2006 Gordon was the Minor League player of the year in AA at Wichita, he starred in the Futures Game that year with Billy Butler. I believe midway through his 2006 season he started using this glove. He was using a tan glove earlier in the season but by the futures game and into the second half of the season he was wearing this style glove.

Gordon uses this glove throughout Spring Training but does not use it for his debut series. After the first week or so (Early April) of the season he uses this glove exclusively throughout the season (except when he plays at 1B). He even is using this glove the last day of his season (when he took a ball off his face)

contiued into 2008
    Gordon continues to use this glove on opening day and into May of 2008. He starts to work in another glove into game use and eventually switches over to that glove. The other similar glove has "Rawlings" in gold on the 4 finger side but no "Rawlings" on the thumb side. I believe the glove he started to use was the glove he was using for the first week of his rookie season but cannot confirm this and have not researched it enough. You can also see how the wrist opening has been made smaller by fastening the backing to the two previously open holes near the "Rawlings" back of wrist red rectangle patch.

Man that's a nice piece. I hope to own a glove some day.

I got a few bats from the Royals and a few just here and there. I got the Sal bat from Player Direct.

A pair of throwbacks up next...

Jose Rosado 1997 game used 1977 TBTC throwback jersey
    The Royals and Mariners played a TBTC game in Seattle on July 19th, 1997. The Royals won the game 9-6. Jose Rosado did not pitch in this game. Rosado was a promising young Lefty (All Star in 1997 and 1999) that ran into some injury problems. The throwback jersey is made by Ebbets Field Flannels and is a size 44. The Mariners Care program wrote an LOA that accompanies the jersey.

James "Juego G" Shields
    2014 game used 1974 TBTC jersey (MLB authenticated)
    Shields has been pitching great down the stretch for the Royals this year. He wore this jersey on August 30th this year against the Indians. Shields went 7 innings giving up 5 hits, 1 walk, 1 run with 4 Ks. The Royals lost in extra innings to the Indians and Shields got a ND. The jersey is unwashed, still smells and size 46.

Picked up this Mark Grudzielanek Kansas City Monarchs Negro League jersey worn by the Royals on July 21, 2007. MLB Authenticated (BB559525) and shows some good use.

1985 jackets of Dave Leeper and Charlie Liebrandt.

Can someone please help me located other pictures of Jeremy Guthrie wearing the 1974 retro jersey on 8/30/14? He caught the ceremonial first pitch from George Brett, and I thought I had seen another picture that showed him catching the ball but now I can't locate it. I searched Getty Image, googled it as many ways I could think of, checked the Royals website, Facebook page and Twitter feed (where I found the picture below) and MLB.TV (both home and away feeds). I'd like to get a picture of the front and back of the jersey if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by esigs View Post
    Can someone please help me located other pictures of Jeremy Guthrie wearing the 1974 retro jersey on 8/30/14? He caught the ceremonial first pitch from George Brett, and I thought I had seen another picture that showed him catching the ball but now I can't locate it. I searched Getty Image, googled it as many ways I could think of, checked the Royals website, Facebook page and Twitter feed (where I found the picture below) and MLB.TV (both home and away feeds). I'd like to get a picture of the front and back of the jersey if possible.
    James haven't found any of those pics yet.

Zack Greinke 2004 game used rookie jersey/vest
    This road vest was purchased from Howard Wolf by me back in 2004/05. Greinke made his debut in Oakland and I was fortunate enough to attend that game and receive a game ball from the game as well sitting behind the dugout. (desi relaford tossed it to me, sweeney gave almost all of the game balls to Greinke's parents sitting a few seats down).

This jersey shows a ton of wash wear as the size tag has stained and discolored and the numbers have been softened and loose threads are present. I have seen size 44 and 46 Greinke jerseys for 2004. After that I have seen him wear size 48. 2004 was the last year that the Royals had their jerseys made by Russell athletic. Starting in 2005, Majestic manufactured their jerseys and added a majestic logo to the left shoulder area.

Zack Greinke 2005 game used jersey
    2005 was Greinke's sophomore season. He didn't fare as well as his rookie year. This vest was authenticated twice, once in 2005 on the last day of the season as an authentic team jersey and then in 2007 when it was signed (hologram on front and on back). The jersey shows lots of wash wear with loose threads.

At most of his home starts in 2005 Greinke preferred the blue alternate jersey. He did wear the white vest on non pitching days and did wear it on the mound as well. This jersey is a size 48