Alex Gordon 2007 game used rookie bat (Royals (Omaha) organization LOA)
Gordon was hailed as the "next George Brett" after winning college player of the year in 2005 and the minor league player of the year in 2006. While Gordon struggled out of the gates, he has become a Gold Glove winning, All Star Left Fielder. My Alex Gordon collection used to be alot bigger but the only Gordon bat that I have left in my collection is this rookie gamer. The bat has MLB authentication sticker on it. I originally obtained this bat on a fundraising auction on eBay from the Omaha Royals.

Gordon used Lousville Slugger non signature model bats for his entire rookie campaign. The C243 model is what I primarily saw him using. In early mid 2008, I think around the end of May, Gordon began using signature models. In his rookie year Gordon also used all black and all light colored bats mostly. Some of his early models (2006 minors and early 2007) have a tape brim around the end of the handle. Gordon has mainly used two-tone colored bats over the majority of his career.

This particular bat was last used and broken on July 25th against the Yankees. I have never seen a Royals player who breaks more bats than Gordon.