Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: The Kansas City Royals game used thread

Quote Originally Posted by MUSEOVEN View Post
    Hello i Live in caracas Venezuela
    MUSEOVEN, please let me know if you can get game used items from Paulo Orlando who played Winter ball with Cardenales de Lara. He wore jersey #52.

Looking to buy any eric hosmer gu items

Quote Originally Posted by Brutispowell View Post
    Looking to buy any eric hosmer gu items
    Hi Brutispowell, tried to message you with a Hosmer item but you have PMs turned off.

Picked up this George Brett Game Used jersey from his days as hitting coach for the Royals. This one was used on July 14, 2013. It also features some nice pine tar on the right sleeve. George was the hitting coach for two months during 2013. A George Brett GU jersey has been high on my most wanted list. Finally found one I could afford. Maybe next time I can get one from his playing days. Still nice to have a GU jersey from a Hall of Famer.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Got this great 2016 Royals Gold Raul Mondesi batting helmet. The Royals used the gold lettering and numbers on their Friday home games during the 2016 season due to being 2015 World Series Champions.

Raul is a switch hitter so this helmet only got used when he was batting left handed. This helmet was authenticated as being used on Septeember 2, 2016 vs Tigers. He had three at bats and scored a run. I have it photomatched to also being used during the August 19, 2016 vs Twins. During that game Raul had five at bats but only batted left handed three times using this helmet. Those three at bats included a single.

This helmet was used in Raul Mondesi's 22nd and 33rd career games.

Picked up this awesome Raul Mondesi bat at the last Royals game I was at for the season. This is the first bat that the Royals Authentics store had from Raul. Of the three I currently know of this one has the most use. This was MLB authenticated to August 3, 2016 as BATTER - RAUL MONDESI, PITCHER - JAKE ODORIZZI, TOP OF 3, GROUND OUT, LOUISVILLE SLUGGER. Raul was called up from AAA Omaha Storm Chasers and played his first regular season game on July 26, 2016. That makes this bat authenticated to his 9th career MLB regular season game. So far I have photo matched it to all three games in the Tampa Bay series. That means this bat was used in his 7th, 8th, and 9th career MLB regular season games. During this time frame he had no hits but did have some sac bunts and fly outs. If you do not know the reason I am making the distinction of this bat being from some of his first regular season games it is because Raul was the first player in the history of the MLB to make his first MLB appearance in a World Series game. That happened in game 3 of the 2015 World Series where he had one at bat that resulted in a strike out.

This bat has been hammered and I am guessing that he used this bat in AAA also. There are so many seam marks on the barrel, paint is chipped away all over the bat, there are also cleat marks and bat rack marks. It looks like he tried to use the bat as an axe because the end of the bat has nearly been flattened from being pounded on the ground. It is an awesome bat from very early in his MLB career. I hope to pick up some more soon so this one does not get lonely.

Was really lucky to be able to pick this item. I have been wanting one of these for several years and I had a lot of fun researching it. This is an Alex Gordon 2016 Royals game used helmet. Alex is well known for not liking to change out his equipment espically his hats and batting helmets. His 2014 batting helmet was made so famous during the World Series run that it now resides in the Royals Hall of Fame. During my research I found some historic events tied to this helmet that I detailed below.

This was the helmet that Alex used for nearly every single game he played in during the 2016 season. The few games that he did not wear this in were the opening week games against the Mets on April 3 and 5. During these games they wore the gold jerseys. The Royals were also given special permission to wear the gold jerseys on Friday home games. The Royals also wore special jerseys and helmets on May 15, 2016 when they wore KC Monarchs items on Salute to the Negro Leagues day. Also Alex missed 29 games while on the DL from May 22, 2016 to June 24, 2016. In total Alex used this helmet in 116 MLB games and would also bet that he used it in all six of his minor league rehab games too ( four with AA Northwest Arkansas Naturals and two with AAA Omaha Storm Chasers).

Alex will also customize his helmets by taking out the top pad as seen in the pictures below. In speaking with the Royals Authentic's staff he has done this for at least the last four years.

I have photomatched the helmet from April 9, 2016 (the first game the Royals played with out the gold jerseys and fourth game of the season) all the way through the last game of the season on October 2, 2016.
    Here are a few highlights/lowlights from the season all while wearing this helmet:

May 6, 2016 KC @ CLE – Alex strikes out for the 1036th time in his career passing Frank White and establishing a new Royals career record for strikeouts. Alex would strikeout 148 times during the season for a career total and Royals record 1148 times.

August 18, 2016 MIN @ KC – Alex hits a Grand Slam off of Tyler Duffy in the bottom of the 4th. It would be the 3rd Grand Slam of his career.

August 24, 2016 KC @ MIA – Alex goes 0 for 3 against Jose Fernandez, including a strikeout. His third atbat of the game in the top of the 6th inning Alex struckout. That was the 210th strikeout of the season for Fernandez setting a Marlins team record for single season strikeouts. #RIPJF16.

Alex hit 17 HRs in the 2016 season (all of them using this helmet). That was the third most HRs of his career.

Alex finished with a .220 BA. His lowest BA since 2010.

His season stats while wearing this helmet (does not include games where he wore the gold or Negro Leagues helmets):

PA – 457, AB – 402, R – 57, H – 91, 2B – 15, 3B – 1, HR – 17, RBI – 37, BB – 47, SO – 133, HBP – 7, SF – 1, GDP – 8, SB – 7.

Quote Originally Posted by TBM View Post
    Picked up this awesome Raul Mondesi bat at the last Royals game I was at for the season. This is the first bat that the Royals Authentics store had from Raul. Of the three I currently know of this one has the most use. This was MLB authenticated to August 3, 2016 as BATTER - RAUL MONDESI, PITCHER - JAKE ODORIZZI, TOP OF 3, GROUND OUT, LOUISVILLE SLUGGER. Raul was called up from AAA Omaha Storm Chasers and played his first regular season game on July 26, 2016. That makes this bat authenticated to his 9th career MLB regular season game. So far I have photo matched it to all three games in the Tampa Bay series. That means this bat was used in his 7th, 8th, and 9th career MLB regular season games. During this time frame he had no hits but did have some sac bunts and fly outs. If you do not know the reason I am making the distinction of this bat being from some of his first regular season games it is because Raul was the first player in the history of the MLB to make his first MLB appearance in a World Series game. That happened in game 3 of the 2015 World Series where he had one at bat that resulted in a strike out.

This bat has been hammered and I am guessing that he used this bat in AAA also. There are so many seam marks on the barrel, paint is chipped away all over the bat, there are also cleat marks and bat rack marks. It looks like he tried to use the bat as an axe because the end of the bat has nearly been flattened from being pounded on the ground. It is an awesome bat from very early in his MLB career. I hope to pick up some more soon so this one does not get lonely.
    TBM your player collection for Raul is awesome! I love the AAA jersey, especially the expression on your son's face! Priceless. Those Gold Champions unis are really sharp too, especially the batting helmet. Great stuff!

Last weekend I acquired this bat used by Hunter Dozier to record his 2nd career hit and 1st career RBI in the 5th inning on the 9/17/16 game against the White Sox. It was authenticated after he broke the bat in the seventh inning of the game. I have included an ap image from that hit and pictures of the bat. You can see the blue marking on the M marucci logo of the bat in the pictures and the dirt spots on top of the Hunter Dozier nameplate. Great exciting find of what I think will be a great up and coming player. It's hard to get anything this early from any player.

Ap Image