Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Re: The Kansas City Royals game used thread

Carlos Beltran 1999 game used rookie bat
    this bat is from Beltran's 1999 rookie of the year campaign. As a switch hitter, Beltran's bats typically show use on both the right of the label and left of the label. This bat shows lighter use for Beltran with a few seam marks present on the barrel. Beltran wore #36 his rookie year before switching to #15 his sophomore year.

Carlos Beltran 2000-2001 game used cracked bat (likely 2000)
    Here is another early career Beltran bat. This shows more use on both sides of the barrel. Also of note is the number switch to 15

more bats.....
    Kevin Seitzer 1986-89 era game used cracked bat
    I am not an expert on Kevin Seitzer bats as this is the first Seitzer bat that I have handled. As a kid I didn't love Seitzer because he started playing 3rd base which was to me, George Brett's position. Seitzer had a productive few years for the Royals, he was in All Star in his rookie year and finished second in the ROY voting. As a fan I thought Seitzer's work as hitting coach for the Royals was superb as he helped turn Alex Gordon's career around.

On the bat there is a small crack on the handle. Ball and usage marks are present on the left barrel. I won this bat at auction and during my research the bat seemed to be consistent with photos of Seitzer from that era.

Mike Sweeney 2001 game used Rawlings bat (cracked)
    Sweeney came up to the bigs as a doubles machine. He was Captain of the Royals for part of his tenure there and this year was elected into the Royals Hall of Fame. The first time I met Sweeney was before a Spring Training game at Surprise. Sweeney was so nice that my friend and I joked that he was Ned Flanders. I always wondered if he really was that nice. After spending some time with Sweeney at Fantasy Camp I can honestly say that he is as nice as his reputation is.

About the bat... This is a 2001 Rawlings made Mike Sweeney bat. There is the slightest crack present right near the label and silver strip. Ball marks are present to the left side of the label as well as somewhat on the backside of the bat. Pine tar present just below the label. In 2001 Sweeney was an All Star and batted .304 with 29 HR, 46 doubles, 99 RBI and 97 R.

Man where do you get this stuff at? I never see ANYTHING like the stuff you post. Very nice items.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsnbikes View Post
    Man where do you get this stuff at? I never see ANYTHING like the stuff you post. Very nice items.
    Jeff,
    Mostly auction houses, team auctions, and ebay. Occasionally I'll pick something up on the forum here. Just hope Leigh or Wes start posting some stuff too. They both have some really great Royals items in their collections.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelofSF View Post
    Jeff,
    Mostly auction houses, team auctions, and ebay. Occasionally I'll pick something up on the forum here. Just hope Leigh or Wes start posting some stuff too. They both have some really great Royals items in their collections.
    I must not be going to the right auction houses...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelofSF View Post
    more bats.....
    Kevin Seitzer 1986-89 era game used cracked bat
    I am not an expert on Kevin Seitzer bats as this is the first Seitzer bat that I have handled. As a kid I didn't love Seitzer because he started playing 3rd base which was to me, George Brett's position. Seitzer had a productive few years for the Royals, he was in All Star in his rookie year and finished second in the ROY voting. As a fan I thought Seitzer's work as hitting coach for the Royals was superb as he helped turn Alex Gordon's career around.

On the bat there is a small crack on the handle. Ball and usage marks are present on the left barrel. I won this bat at auction and during my research the bat seemed to be consistent with photos of Seitzer from that era.
    beautiful Seitzer bat... looks perfect. I felt the same way as a teenager about George moving to first, though the way Seitzer hit that year, I got over it pretty quickly.

These are my two Seitzer items. Unfortunately neither are from his time with the Royals technically, as the bat was taken with him to Milwaukee and has his Brewers #20 on the knob.

Oops, I'll have to get back to you with the pics of the Seitzer bat, but it looks similar to this other Royals bat he took with him.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Picked up this Carlos bat. It has some really good use. I have a good lead on a match but not much hope. Just not a lot of pictures out there. I resized these pics too small...oops.

Picked up this pounded Hosmer GU helmet from 2013. I have it photomatched. I have to sit down and get the good screen captures. I'm very happy to add this.