Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Threaded View

The Kansas City Royals game used thread

I know that we have several Royals collectors on the board, so I wanted to create a thread for fellow Royals collectors to learn from each other and educate each other. As well as a place for us to share our findings/pickups.

I'll start with my favorite baseball item in my collection. I was able to obtain this from fellow forum member Jerry S. He was kind enough to let me pry this away from his collection. Even though I have had it for a few months, I still have not created a display for it.

George Brett 1992 game used jersey. This road style jersey is my favorite Royals style of jersey ever (Road 1992-94), and it is also of my favorite player ever. My all time grail type baseball jersey would be George Brett's 3,000 hit jersey, but that is in the Royals HOF and I don't think that is going to be in my collection anytime soon. Here is a road jersey worn by Brett in 1992 just prior to his 3,000 hit. George wore this jersey in September of 1992 on road trips to NYY, Bal and Min. George inscribed the hits that he had while wearing this gamer (2,979-2,784, 2,994-2,996). Brett collected hits 2,997-3,000 in one night in a 4 hit game against the Angels. On this jersey there is the Joe Burke "JRB" memorial patch. On Brett's jerseys, he modified the patch to have a "JHB" which I believe was for his father Jack Brett. The jersey is unwashed and has residual pine tar on the left collarbone area and the back right shoulder.

The tagging on the front of the jersey isn't exactly like other 1992 Royals jerseys as they typically show the Year, set #, number, then name. The Intera Tag is on the neck of this Brett jersey. I will post an example of another 1992 gamer next.
    Attached Images Attached Images