Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Threaded View

Re: The Kansas City Royals game used thread

Here is a pair of well used gloves that I got at 2016 Royals Fan Fest. I do not know for sure if they were orginally a pair or not. The wear patterns look different for each glove. I would have assumed that the blue sticky substances on one glove would be on the other and vice a versa.

The left one has a blue tacky or sticky residue on the palm of the glove and possibly a pine tar substance on the inside. It also features armor on the backhand side of the glove. This is what makes me assume that it belonged to a right handed batter as the left hand would face the pitcher and would need the most protection. It also has extra padding on the inside palm (opposite of the thumb).

The right one has mostly (in my opinion) pine tar and some blue residue. On the backhand side of the glove there is a good bit of dirt.
    Both gloves have tags on the inside with a MLBP 2014 date.

Neither glove has any numbers, inscriptions or any other identifiable mark that I know of. Even though I have not been able to photomatch them, I have style matched them to some that Omar Infante has worn. I took a shot in the dark buying them with out knowing who may have used them, but I liked the amount of use and the armor on them.

If any has any other info on who may have used these i would appreciate the info.
    Attached Images Attached Images