Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Thoughts on GU inscription?

Sorry hit the wrong button

[quote=PK;28423]Eric, I must admit those 2 sigs look very close and with all the superstar game used items that Mr. Misturini had makes me wonder a little too much about how he got them all, but after looking at the 2 Stephen Jackson sigs, they do look a little different.

I know the lighting and angles are different, but here goes and please tell me what you think as well

1. The S in Stephen on the G/U seems smudged on the bottom line and also the line he starts with on the S does not seem to go as far towards the back side of the 3

2. Where he crossed the T, on the NFL jersey, there is a little bit that goes over the T towards the rest of his name. The G/U does not seem to do that.

3. The J in jackson on the the G/U seems to be more round like an O vs. the J in the NFL jersey that seems a bit more oval. Plus if you look at the back side of the J and compare it to where the stiching is on the point of the 3, it looks like there is more gold in the

NFL jersey. Also look at the left part of the J where it curves by the N in Stephen, the NFL jersey looks pointed and the G/U looks rounder, see point 3.

4. The last loop in Jackson also looks longer and thinner in the NFL jersey vs. the G/U

As noted, the angles and lighting a different, but the sigs do look a little different. With all that has been brought up and seeing what he has bought on ebay as non game worn then seeing all almost all the same ones on his site as game worn...one for sure has to wonder. I do not think I would purchase any from him. Thanks for all the info Eric

To address point #1. You're pointing out that the jersey which may have been doctored has a smudge which wasn't on the original.

If the jerseys are indeed the same, don't forget that the one sold by authenticsports has wear and the one purchased by user gingerine98 had no wear.

I think your point about the shots being at different angles is a valid one- it almost looks like the one with the g/u inscription has a different font 3, but that's an optical illusion
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Here's a different look at it.
    Don't forget, there are folds in each of the photos which throw the perspective off slightly.
    Thoughts?

Name:  sj.jpg
Views: 870
Size:  136.4 KB

great work on the pictures Eric, what program do you use?

I agree with all the points you made with the arrows, you could almost even count the seams in the thread to match up the letters. The J's just look different to me. One looks round and the other looks more oval. I don't think the bend/fold in the jersey makes that much of a difference in making the J's different. Look at the peak in the middle of the 3, there is more gold in the top photo to where the J goes above it.

I know I might be splitting hairs, but you asked

The smudge in the S still interests me, maybe I will e mail him and ask if he witnessed him sign it and how the smudge got there. Is Stephen left handed? Don't see how a right handed sig would smudge there. Sharpie dries pretty quick.

pk,

in examining things to the granular level that we're doing here, i assure you that a fold can make a huge difference as can the visual effects created by different lighting. what may appear to be a miniscule gap is simply a difference in focus. you'll notice one photo isn't as sharp as the other. this will account for a pixel's worth of difference in the "39". however, let's forget all of that and approach this from a totally different perspective.

look at the two signatures and all of their identical points. now imagine giving jackson 2 jerseys and telling him to sign each on the "3". jackson probably spends a maximum of 4 seconds on each signature. in those 4 sesconds, you genuinely believe that he could sign his name so that the T hits the edge of the twill, the T is crossed at exactly the same point, the J crosses the twill identically, the "#" is exactly the same distance from the "k", and the autograph magically ends at exactly the same point underneath the "3". you believe it's possible for all of those points to overlap perfectly without any forethought, intent, or planning in a 4 second timespan?

if you're curious about the the smudge, consider that the smudged autograph is from the jersey that "shows good rb wear". given that the jersey was originally sold as a game cut, how do you suppose that wear got there? perhaps by misturini putting on the jersey and literally rolling around in his living room. in attempting to add "good rb wear" to the jersey it's likely that that portion of the number with the autograph suffered some abrasion and got scratched off.

rudy.

Is the sig the same? Most likel, but Eric asked and I answered. The J looks different, as do some other parts. Will we ever know for sure? I do not think so, only one person may know for sure and he most likey is just a lurker here and not going to come on here and explain.

Maybe someone else has some Jackson autos on numbers that they will post here to try and we can try to match them to the ones in question.

Do the Rams not tag or barcode their game worns? Thought I read that they did. That would put this whole thing to rest would it not?

PK

Don't also forget that the person who bought the stephen jackson game cut jersey with has the same street address as the person selling the one with the game used inscription

Also, here's another photo of a Stephen Jackson signed game cut from NFL Auctions
    http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bi...aunbr=77857823

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
    look at the two signatures and all of their identical points. now imagine giving jackson 2 jerseys and telling him to sign each on the "3". jackson probably spends a maximum of 4 seconds on each signature. in those 4 sesconds, you genuinely believe that he could sign his name so that the T hits the edge of the twill, the T is crossed at exactly the same point, the J crosses the twill identically, the "#" is exactly the same distance from the "k", and the autograph magically ends at exactly the same point underneath the "3". you believe it's possible for all of those points to overlap perfectly without any forethought, intent, or planning in a 4 second timespan?

if you're curious about the the smudge, consider that the smudged autograph is from the jersey that "shows good rb wear". given that the jersey was originally sold as a game cut, how do you suppose that wear got there? perhaps by misturini putting on the jersey and literally rolling around in his living room. in attempting to add "good rb wear" to the jersey it's likely that that portion of the number with the autograph suffered some abrasion and got scratched off.

rudy.
    We all have opinions and mine is clearly that it is the same sig although the ink & smudge could have changed by a number of ways.

You can't change the location of the sig, but you can add ink, smudge ink, lighten the ink. I am now thinking that the jersey may have been washed which could explain the differences. Just an additional theory.

Andrew

My personal opinion is these two jerseys are infact the same jersey. I think the proof is over whelming.

Good job Eric!

Glen

I can't take credit for the photos. I had help and appreciate the assistance from our in house photo master Rudy.
    Eric