Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool idea- How would this fit in your collection?

Heard about this briefly a couple of months ago but didn't think much of it.....Now that is it seemingly about to happen how do you feel about owning one of these?

My personal thoughts are that it is a very unique piece, but with anything rare like this they will prob start off rarely used and turn in to like every home game will have this in a couple of years or so.

Let me know your thoughts!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...010200097.html

Re: Cool idea- How would this fit in your collection?

I think the NBA has already fallen into the look at me league with the antics and the tattoo competitions.
    This will just further the decline of what used to be a great game of skill and precision.
    The degeneration of what once was a ballet of athleticism into the break dance of individualism is almost complete.

Banned

I'm a big NBA fan and I don't like this idea.

not a fan of this move, it brings down the league to the XFLs level.

I like the jerseys with the sleeves better than these.
    Always looking for anything John Flaherty, Drew Storen and Marcell Ozuna game used.
    jaeger_danny@yahoo.com

The NBA is a poorly ran league.

I look a lot deeper at the problem with pro basketball , then go form there. A main issue is the sport itself. With only 5 players per team on the court at a time, it translates into a smaller number of player(s) being able to have an impact on the game, team, and franchise. This fact alone can easily turn off and on fans.

Also, the league does not get much attention until the new year hits and football goes away. This leads to early season games not meaning very much. The integrity of regular season game play has often been in question by groups of basketball fans.

All this leads to the way the game is being packaged. Look at all the marketing the NBA is doing right now. It is clearly being marketed to a young generation. Graphics, logos, the overall game presentation, basketball highlights on ESPN and other networks often play beat bed instrumental music that resembles generic hip hop. The promotional packages the league puts together, almost looks cartoonish, cheap, blantatly color and really in my opinion a second rate desperate for attention product.

In comparrison, look at the NFL - fans still like the classic NFL Films themes and Berman uses those for highlights. NFL Films actaully sells the imstrumental dramtic orchestra music directly to fans. It helps dress up the league and make it look and feel classic, not trending. Well, on the other hand Nike's uniforms in the NFL are a whole other story.

It is like the NBA has waived the white flag on the 25-40 year olds and is trying to reestablish itself with a younger fan base, and hoping they can grow up together.

Nicknames on the back? Another cartoonish, cheap thing to do to try to market the league in a nonserious manner. The NBA doesn't sell merchandise at the rate of any other major sport and theya re grasping at straws trying to develop that. I have lived iN Wisconsin most of my life and I am not sure if I have ever even seen anyone wear any Milwaukee Bucks garb.

Do you think Bird or Jordan would a big supporter of that junk when they played?

so when the player scores, does the PA announcer call them by their real or nickname on the jersey?

I like it a lot just wish it wasn't the Heat doing it, unless Lebron was forced to wear TRAITOR # 6

But didn't the Aba do this? Didn't Maravich wear a jersey that said Pistol Pete on back?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by worldchamps View Post
    I like it a lot just wish it wasn't the Heat doing it, unless Lebron was forced to wear TRAITOR # 6

But didn't the Aba do this? Didn't Maravich wear a jersey that said Pistol Pete on back?