Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Mike Schmidt phillies games used bat

Ken,

Would the "20" and "32" be affected by water damage. The ink marks look pretty dark which is why to me it looked sanded. I don't believe the stamping would be removed completely if the knob was sanded just to remove old markings.

I think the price paid for this bat was fair and up to par with its condition and use. Typically early 80's Schmidt gamers go for between 1K - 2500K.

-David
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Thanks for all the great feedback, for a 1st timer this has been very informative. Can't wait to take this baby to the batting cages and crush a few homers Shimty style. Haha, just kidding

Hey guys.
    I was the seller as some of you mentioned. The bat was looked at by some other guys that I respect and had no concerns other than it was broke in 2. I don't believe it has secondary use. The tape is older on it as you can tell, and good luck hitting a ball with. It came with a 10 other game used bats which all had legit use . The knob isn't fooled with at all. Anyone ever try to remove marker from wood? You can tell when its tampered with. No water damage either. The bat was cracked and recovered at Olympic Stadium
    You can always reach me at Bub13@aol.com if you have any concerns about my items
    matt